Monday, January 14, 2013

Sharing a Room...

Before I get into what this post is actually about I just wanted to share if you didn't know (or don't care) that Princess Kate has announced that she is due in July. Well. Guess what Kate? Me too! Me. Too. My blogger friend Baby Teems was right. I don't appreciate all these celebs trying to steal my shine, haha! Just kidding. So many of my friends have been announcing that they are expecting on Facebook. I feel like there's a new announcement from someone just about everyday. So. I'm in good company and it's a great time to be with child. Apparently.

So. Anyway. Now that I'm a little further along I've been thinking about where this baby is going to sleep. I know. Too soon? Possibly. But for anyone that knows me in real life you know that I'm all about having things planned out. I decided that it would be so much easier for me if the kids just shared a room. We'll probably move again within a year of me having the baby so this option will work out well until it's time to move again. Even though there is currently space for a separate nursery it would involve too much work. Someone would have to clear all the furniture out of the extra room (which is currently an unused "man cave" but we won't get into that) and then move it to a storage facility. I am not trying to spend money on storage and I don't want to give up the other room that's used for guests.

Still with me? Has anyone had a toddler and a newborn share a room? How did it go? Here are some of the ideas I've found on Pinterest. I am using these as inspiration for furniture placement. If it's a girl we'll keep the same decor that Savannah already has. If it's a boy I'll try to neutralize the room as much as possible. 



                                                                                   Source: houzz.com via Tia on Pinterest





                                                                                       Source: blogs.babble.com via Tia on Pinterest


                                                                                  Source: melissaesplin.com via Tia on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. I think sharing a room isn't a bad idea if you have no worries with the toddler being safe with the baby. Like you said you will be moving so it makes sense. Personally I have it bad because I want the baby in the room with me. My honey is ok with it now but when we move soon he's probably going to want the baby to have his own room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I let my first sleep in a bassinet in our room when we got home from the hospital. I plan to breastfeed again so I'm not sure how convenient it will be to have the baby in a different room but I think it will help me sleep better.

      Delete
  2. When my oldest (19yrs. now) was little, I had her share half of my husband's office (he was in graduate school). I put up a little boarder, decorations, and the works! When her sister came along, I added another little bed...she was a little toddler at that time.

    It can work!

    You have some cute ideas going on! Love the green walls!
    Take care of yourself!
    And love those first few sentences! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green walls are cute but we aren't allowed to paint. :-( I'm going to base the overall design off the furniture though.

      Delete
  3. First - CONGRATS!!!

    I have my kids in the same room but not really. Baby girls stuff is in there but she isn't. She's still in our room. She'll be making the move this weekend. Wish us luck. Her brother will be an interesting roommate! He's three and super hyper!

    BTW, Kate ain't got nothin on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Good luck!!! We've been down the road of my daughter sleeping in our room. She finally started sleeping in her own bed this week. That phase lasted for about 4 months.

      Delete
  4. I think it will work just fine. Even though you want the sleep, the first month or two she may be with you mostly. By then, your oldest should be accustomed to the transition. Hopefully cries won't bother her too much. In that case, it will be 4 in a bed and the little one said...roll over! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!