Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Maternity Style: Texas Winter

Now that I am starting to show a little I thought it would be fun to start looking at some maternity clothes. I've already dug out all my stuff from my last pregnancy and I'm so happy that I kept everything. Since I was working while pregnant with Sav the majority of my pregnancy clothes are office wear. I have a few dresses, a few tops, a couple pair of jeans and some weekend maxi dresses (that aren't "maternity"). I don't have any bump friendly cold weather clothes. Luckily, we are back in Texas and it will be hot for the majority of this pregnancy too. Lucky me.

I am actually looking forward to it warming up. I remember how easy it was to dress my bump when it was hot. All I needed was a dress, sandals and a pair of earrings. Done and done! Until it gets warm I'll probably wear leggings and sweaters. Super easy. I already own a couple sweaters that aren't maternity but will get the job done. I plan to go thrifting to find a couple more. I am a big fan of cardigans and they are perfect for a winter in Texas. 


Playing With Old Navy Maternity

Playing With Old Navy Maternity by mana-g





GAP Inspired

Untitled

Untitled by m3mom featuring gap

I can't wait to go thrifting to see if I find any of these tops!

7 comments:

  1. I didn't buy many Maternity clothes. Mainly because I don't go out much and because it's not always worth the money because you don't get to wear them often. The pieces I do have I can wear often and surprising I had clothes already that I could make work. It's good you saved your maternity clothes. I got rid of mines a couple months before getting pregnant. Thrifing is a great idea to spend less and have more options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I kept my stuff from my first pregnancy. I honestly don't feel like maternity clothes are worth the splurge either. With my first I bought from clearance racks only. This time I plan to go thrifting for a few sweaters. Hopefully it will warm up again in March and I can start using the stuff I already have.

      Delete
  2. I like the gap inspired one (the middle one) That was my style or still is. Can't get that 60's/70's funk style out of me. It's been 28 years since my last pregnancy.

    Cute stuff. I loved being pregnant. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had cute maternity stuff but I am just too cheap. Love all those outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you considered thrifting? I plan to wear leggings that I already have and then go thrifting for tops. It's an expensive way to get the look you want without spending so much. Maternity clothes are temporary items so I don't like spending much on them. Places like Old Navy have really good sales too.

      Delete
  4. I hear you on the Texas weather being that I live in Texas. With both of my pregnancies I mainly stuck with leggings and tunics. My kids are 6 years apart so I ended up buying new maternity clothes each time. Both of my babies were born in October so I went the whole summer and into fall with the Texas. I was able to wear mainly summer clothes throughout the whole time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!