Friday, January 25, 2013

Flying with a 2 year old

Savannah and I are taking a little trip back east to visit family and friends. It will probably be my last trip before the baby arrives. I must admit I was a little terrified about flying solo with her. Things are so much easier when you can tag team with your husband. Not to mention there is someone to lug the stroller and luggage around. Anyway. Overall I am going to consider our trip a success. There was no crying or meltdowns. That's a win in my book.

Going through security was pretty fun. Sav had no problem but I of course got "beeped" several times before I was cleared. Note to self. Adorn your wrist with arm candy after you've gone through the security check point. After being stripped of all my jewels we went to Dunkin Donuts to pick up some breakfast.




We made it to our gate right as they were boarding people with small children, strollers and wheelchairs. It sounded like they were letting all the people with a lot going on board first. Good idea. We found our seats and got comfortable.



She entertained herself by reading all the pamphlets, coloring and playing with her Leapfrog Leap Pad. Savannah also thought it would be nice to treat all of the surrounding passengers to a medley of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, The ABC and a little something she made up right there on the spot. I thought it was hilarious!



What has your experience been like flying with a little one?

- posted from my chic iPhone

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like she enjoyed that trip. No crying and meltdowns makes for a great trip with a 2 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smooth because I had the hubby and I was nursing! I was sooo excited to board first with a coach ticket. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always had my husband when we've flown, and the trips have always been pretty smooth. Glad you and Sav's solo trip was drama free! I would have been SO nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first experience flying with Moo wasn't too bad. We had to take two flights to get to our destination and the second plane didn't have air conditioning. So, she had a meltdown for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww Sav is just to cute and I do know what you mean about traveling with the kids solo. I did that one to many times when my kids were smaller and it's a lot more challenging, but we always tend to make it through. I hope you guys enjoy your trip and have safe travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww Sav is just to cute and I do know what you mean about traveling with the kids solo. I did that one to many times when my kids were smaller and it's a lot more challenging, but we always tend to make it through. I hope you guys enjoy your trip and have safe travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so glad that we had a smooth trip. It made the day go by so much better. Nobody likes a crazy baby on a plane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a smooth trip!! I havent traveled with my little one but since she is so busy I could only imagine a plane ride with just the two of us!! The pictures of her looking at the pamphlets are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I'm happy you had a better trip than me. Last spring I had to take a flight to Philly without James. As soon as we sat down on the plane, my sweet little baby turned into the Hulk on me. It was awful. My only saving grace was that the lady next to me was a student at Duke and was studying to be a Pediatrician. I seriously think flying next to my child encouraged her to seek a new field of study.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son flew for the first time when he was 2 and we were terrified because we were flying to Las Vegas. We took a night flight so he eventually went to sleep. I can imagine flying with Addison would be totally different. We will see this summer. Oh boy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!