Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First Trimester Tips

Since I am almost done with my first trimester I thought it would be helpful to share some of the things I've learned. This is my second baby and I had many similarities and a couple differences from my last pregnancy. Hopefully these tips will help someone else who finds their first trimester to completely miserable. Babies are a blessing but let's face it, it sucks being sick for weeks at a time. Blame Eve.

Nausea. I had it with Sav but it was no where near as bad as it is this time. I found it really helpful during both pregnancies to keep a bag of lemon heads near my bed. I noticed that laying down or sitting still directly after eating helped me keep my food down. Any kind of post meal motion would send me hovering over something. Another thing that helped me was to eat lots of small meals. If I start feeling done after a couple bites I quit eating. You can always go back for more later. Apparently the key is to never get too full or too hungry.

Get your husband involved. I know we all like to think at times that we don't need any help. I know I sometimes think that I can do it all. Well. This has been one of those time where I had to put in my back up quarterback. We like to joke that I'm Eli and my husband is Peyton (Manning). Delegating tasks when needed gave me the opportunity to rest. My husband has been doing almost everything. Grocery shopping, cooking, some cleaning, etc. 

I always say that there are two times in a woman's life where it really is all about her. Wedding planning and pregnancy. Figure out what works for you and have your family adjust as much as possible. Last night we learned that chicken (the smell of it) does not agree with me right now. I looked at my husband and said, "No more chicken until after the baby." He's cool with it. With Savannah we were "pregnant vegetarians"because any meat made me sick. You have to find what works for you and then stick with it. What worked for you during your first trimester? Share some tips for others in the comments! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!