Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Sushi Snack for Kids

Today I spent almost two hours sitting on the floor of the bathroom waiting for Mikey to stop holding his pee long enough to go potty. I'll do another post this week about how potty training is sucking the life out of me...


Once I got up off the bathroom floor it was time for errands, lunch and soccer practice. I loaded everyone into the car and headed to Costco. Costco is my new Mommy hangout. I had to get some stuff for my husband and while we were there I grabbed these rice rolls I had been wanting to try.

I thought it would be a fun base for a sushi activity to do with the kids. I was right.



I sliced one roll into five little sushi pieces before icing them with chocolate spread. Once that was done I let the kids decorate them using sprinkles and fruit. We drizzled honey on top to make them extra sweet. Now they can go to soccer practice and burn off all that sugar.





These were so good. Savannah is on Spring Break this week. It's been nice having her home during the day for activities like this. Yesterday we went to an amusement park and a good time was had by all. The same goes for this activity. It was all smiles as we left for soccer.

Will you be trying these with your little ones? Pin this for later and share it with your friends on Facebook if you like it!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen rice rolls in the store, but I would be interested in trying them. The snack sushi looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I've ever seen them in my grocery store either. I found them in Costco....

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!