Monday, March 14, 2016

Easy Spring Hairstyle for Girls & Fun Easter Basket Idea

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoodyStyle #CollectiveBias



Spring has sprung! It has in Texas anyway. I know I have said it over and over again but every time the season gets a bit warmer outside I realize my need to learn to braid Savannah's hair. I've been working on it. My two strand twists have actually gotten a lot better.

Savannah loves wearing her hair in big puffy ponytails though so I kind of get away with not being an expert at protective styles. My concern for her edges will keep me working at it though. So with Spring and Summer on it's way I feel that now is a good time to share one of my favorite hairstyles for Savannah.




I have always used Goody Hair accessories on myself and Sav. The Goody Ouchless Elastics (40% OFF elastics 4/22-4/23) and I have become besties due to Sav's love of a good pony. Due to my love of saving a dollar I shop at Target for our hair styling tools and use the Cartwheel app to save money. (then I drift to all the other aisles in Target and spend said savings)



STEP ONE - For this hairstyle we start with freshly washed hair. I use the Goody Ouchless Brush for detangling. The FlexGlide bristles on the brush are strong enough to get through matted and super tangled hair without pain. The brush retails for $8.99 and you can save 20% OFF Goody Hairbrushes 3/13-3/19 using the Cartwheel app. 



STEP TWO - Make a temple to temple part across the front of your daughter's head...



STEP THREE - Two strand twist or braid this section of hair anyway you like...



STEP FOUR - Section the remaining hair by doing one large vertical part... (Or you could do one large puffy ponytail or a top knot bun if you'd like to stop here)

STEP FIVE - Brush each section of hair into a ponytail and secure using your Goody Ouchless Elastics. These elastics don't contain any metal so you don't have to worry about them snagging your baby girl's tresses.

STEP SIX - Accessorize your style with kids accessories from Goody Hair. Save 20% on Goody kids accessories 3/13-3/19.




I loved all of the bright colors for Spring! When I was shopping I literally restocked all her hair accessories because I was able to save using the Cartwheel app. Savannah was so happy to get all of her new headbands, clips and bows.  



During your next Target run visit the Goody Hair section and scoop up some of these items for your little girl. They are a great addition to her Easter basket this year. Don't forget to download the Cartwheel app to save on the items I mentioned. There are even more savings on the app that you can use that I didn't mention here! 





What do you think about this Easter basket idea?

4 comments:

  1. I love the cartwheel app. I need to buy some more Elastics, so thanks for mentioning the savings. I'm just now learning to cornrow too, but my daughter also loves her ponys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sometimes I forget about the Cartwheel app but it came in handy during this purchase.

      Delete
  2. What a fun Easter basket, and such a cute hairstyle! #client

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!