Monday, March 7, 2016

Army Wife Life: We're Moving To...

Now that plans to move are more concrete I am ready to officially share where we're headed next. I thought our next move was going to be overseas but God had other plans for our family and we are headed to the great Pacific Northwest...

Washington state to be exact. I am beyond excited to live there for the next few years. Savannah and I took a girl's trip with my Mom (to visit my brother) years ago and I remember loving it there.


The air was so crisp and clean. The scenery was amazing - the mountains, the trees, the culture and the people. The food was so good. While in town we ate in Chinatown in Seattle. Hands down the best egg rolls I have ever had in my life. We also took a walk thru Pike Place Market and it was exactly how it looks on tv.





I remember the vibe being so chill even though there was tons of city life around us. There were street musicians (that I wish I could find video of), food trucks and that sense of hustle and bustle that only a city can bring. 

There was also lots of history to take in too. The totem poles were absolutely breath taking...


I'm looking forward to being stationed near family. My husband and I both have family members that live in driving distance to where we'll be. I'm excited about exploring a new place, walking trails and getting reacquainted with all four seasons. I haven't had a Fall or Winter in years.

Most of all I can't believe that we'll be surrounded by water and the mountains. Something about the thought of that immediately puts me in a good mood. 

Here was my view from the plane during our girl's trip...


So the countdown has officially begun! The movers have been scheduled and I'm in the process of preparing our house for their arrival. The amount of excitement I have is unreal.

Have you ever been to the Pacific Northwest?

11 comments:

  1. I'm just north of Seattle near Everett! Welcome and it is a great place for the family!! www.parentinghealthy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you will be near family, that always helps make moving transitions a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Having family near us is going to make this such a smooth transition.

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! That's exciting :) I know it will be really nice to be close to some of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting move! My husband's dad lives in Seattle. We keep talking about how we need to get out there to visit. He said it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really beautiful! You should visit when you get a chance!

      Delete
  5. I have been there and absolutely love it! I'm excited for you because you're so happy about it. By the way, I found your blog from a cleaning schedule I found on Pinterest. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That cleaning schedule is so helpful. It makes things easier to deal with. :-)

      Delete
  6. Here's to hoping you guys have a safe and smooth move! We have our own move coming up, but it's just across town. So nothing as major as this, but yay for you guys moving closer to family!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!