Monday, November 18, 2013

Preschool at Home: A Blooper (Kind Of)

This isn't a real Preschool at Home post. It's more of a blooper. I'm sharing what happens when a craft goes all the way left. I had good intentions for today's turkey craft. It was going to be a cute handprint turkey with pipe cleaner feathers and goggly eyes. 

But like I've said here many times crafts are not where I excel. So today's turkey turned into what I will call a Fall Face. 





I'm still not sure how all of that turned into this but I do know that Savannah had a great time making her Fall Face turkey, LOL!






When I noticed that the pipe cleaners weren't going to stay I switched it up and went for the adhesive foam leaves that we had. She was able to stick those on herself. When I noticed that this craft no longer looked like a turkey (Did it ever though?) I told Sav to just make a face with the eyes. 

I shared this blooper because I feel like it's unfair for me to only post the super cute stuff that turns out perfect. Not to mention anytime I can make fun of myself I go for it! Hopefully this inspires some of the not so crafty Moms like me. Sometimes you'll get the perfect turkey and sometimes you'll get whatever this is but you'll always get the memory of doing something fun.

What do y'all think of this Fall Face turkey? Will you be making it? (LOL!!!)

4 comments:

  1. I still can see the turkey! Lol.they just have faces now on the body :). Still a cute craft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still see it? That makes one of us, LOL!!! We had a great time though! It's hanging on the fridge as we speak. Yay for free Thanksgiving decorations!

      Delete
  2. Awww! This still came out great! Plus think of all the fun memories you guys will have of this project when Savannah gets older :) I think Jasmine is still a bit on the young side for this project, she may try to eat the paint. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see it and it doubles as a fish from the side. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!