Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ask Away Friday


I'm really enjoying this link up! This week I am teaming up with Stacy from This Momma's Ramblings. Stacy is a stay at home Mom who home schools. She's a romance novel lover who's new to learning about the frugal lifestyle. Be sure to stop by her blog and read the answers to the questions I had for her. You'll enjoy learning more about her! Stacy is also the host of a weekly blog hop. If you're a blogger check that out. I've made some great new blog friends from her hop.

 photo 8d0e0b89-77a5-40db-b80f-bc91e6107a60_zps9bd793a4.jpg

Now for the questions…

1. What is your favorite thing about being a mom?
My favorite thing about motherhood is watching the world through my children's eyes. They remind me to slow down and not take everything so seriously.

2. What piece of advice would you give your 15 yr old self?
To make a long story short… I would tell my 15 year old self that dating at this age is almost absolutely pointless. Focus more on school and getting into college.

3. Have you ever had the chance to meet any of the blogging friends that you have made?
Yes I have! Before we moved to Texas I attended a BLM (Bloggers Like Me) meet-up where I had the opportunity to meet some of my favorite bloggers. I was still pretty new to blogging then and it was pretty cool getting to meet a lot of the ladies in person.

4. What is your fondest dream that you have yet to accomplish?
Becoming a published author...

5. Is there someone in your life that helped become the woman that you are?
There are many. My Mother, Father, Husband, Oprah…it took a village to raise this girl!

6. What movie would you watch over and over again? Any reason why?
Gee. This is a tough because there are several movies I could watch over and over. In no particular order I could watch Coming to America, It's Complicated, Mean Girls, Clueless, No Reservations, Baby Mama, Jumping the Broom -- Almost anything with Morris Chestnut in it. I love watching movies at home so this list doesn't even cover everything I keep on repeat. 

7. What is one recipe that you remember from your childhood that you make for your family?

8. How does your hubby feel about your blogging?
He's very supportive. We're actually going to film a video for the blog this weekend. I can't wait to share it with you all!

9. What is one dessert that you will go for above anything else?
I am a brownie girl. 

10. If you were given 1 million dollars, what would you do with it?
Pay off my student loans, put money away for my children, take a world class super fancy vacation and buy a house.

I hope you enjoyed learning more about me! Thank you to Penny from the RHOCC for hosting!


21 comments:

  1. I love learning more about you on these! I love brownies too. I'm a serious chocolate lover! I like great movies too. There are so many. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness I would totally tell myself at 15 the same thing and some other things as well but don't focus on boys, wait for that later in life! thanks for joining us again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Boys at 15 is pretty much a waste of time!

      Delete
  3. That's awesome to see another supportive husband on the blogging front. And yes, dating at 15 is pretty much pointless. And as a mother to a daughter {yes she's only three now} but it's going to be hard to explain that to a hormonal teenager. Ugh ...

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    http://raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you…my daughter is three so 12 years from now I'll be having that same discussion with her.

      Delete
  4. I agree-- dating that young is pointless. My eldest daughter is 11, thankfully that isn't a factor at this point, but I've already told her you go to school to learn not to socialize.
    I'm grateful that she is all about school, student council, and softball.

    I'm a sucker for a brownie too!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved hanging out with my friends at school but I think I could have done without being someone's serious girlfriend. I dated the same guy the entire time I was in high school. While it was fun, looking back it just seems like I could have used that energy to do other things. Luckily, my parents didn't allow us to make anything less than a B on our report cards so my grades didn't suffer. I just wish I had done more...

      Delete
  5. I agree...dating as a teenager is pointless save yourself the heartache is what I would tell myself! I knew we connected for a reason...your movies are all the ones I LOVE!!! I like watching movies at home comfortably! But I am itching to get to the movies to see The Best Man 2!!! Cant wait to see what the video that you are your husband do this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I can't wait to see the Best Man Holiday!!! We have to wait until my MIL gets here in a week or so before we can have a date night. I'm hoping to have the video up by next weekend!

      Delete
  6. LOL! I am such a brownie girl, too! Especially topped with some powdered sugar! Yum! I would love to go to a Blog Conference of some kind and meet up with some of the wonderful ladies! It must be awesome to have such a supportive hubby, I can't wait to see the video! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I completely enjoyed hooking up with you this week. Hope that you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great swapping with you this week!! Have a great weekend!!!

      Delete
  7. Video with the hubby!?! Major moves. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a month to talk him into it, LOL!!!!

      Delete
  8. Loved you answers!! I would love to attend some sort of blogging conference!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love a to attend a blogging conference too! This was more of a meet up. We had lunch and socialized. It was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  9. I'm looking for this video next week, haha, that's so fun to do with your hubster!
    Dating at 15, no, no, no. Not a good idea.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can get the video up by next weekend! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  10. Hey Tia! This was so fun to read! I'm such a brownie girl myself. And for someone who was trying to date super hard at 15, someone really should have told me to go somewhere and sit down-- not that I would have listened or anything lol. I'm trying so hard to get started up on making videos for YouTube. Hubby and I are gonna do this tag soon, if we can ever find the time to sit down and do it lol. Can't wait to see yours and I can't wait to link up one of these Fridays with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree if I won a million dollars, the first thing I would do is pay off my student loans. I dream of going on Wheel of Fortune one day and winning enough to pay off my student loans. Buying a house with enough room for a really nice homeschool room would be number two on my list if I won a million dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE Brownies...the fudgier the better! It is always so hard for me to find the perfect balance of chewiness...and my brownies NEVER come out right! Great answers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!