Monday, November 4, 2013

30th Birthday Countdown

While I was mopping the floor just now I realized that in about 93 days I will be thirty years old. I'm excited. Not even mad or dreading it. What I am struggling with though, is how to celebrate. My husband has thrown around a lot of different ideas about me possibly doing a girls weekend or a four day getaway with just the two of us.

I am so undecided. I can't even think of where I want to go. He seems to think that Vegas would be perfect. We could get direct flights and apparently Vegas has something to offer everyone. I have never been but from what I've seen it's gambling and a lot of partying. Which I'm cool with. Just not for four days. I want to leave this little getaway feeling refreshed and rested. If I'm in the club every night for four days I'll need a vacation from my vacation.

I want my Flirty 30 to be memorable, fun and exciting. Not exhausting.

So. Who's been to Vegas? What did you do other than club that you found to be very entertaining? I'm open to just about anything. 



8 comments:

  1. You are making me feel old!! I have been to Vegas and I didn't do any of the partying. I have heard the shows are amazing. I am thinking about us heading that way in February to take in some of the shows.

    There is lots to do there without the partying I'm sure. Quiana over at Harlemlovebirds.com just came back from a trip with her husband it looks like they had a great time.

    Can't wait to see what you decide on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel old, you're fabulous! I checked out her post and it is making me feel a lot better. My birthday is in February so that's when we're planning to go too. I saw that Boyz II Men will be in concert while we're there. That could be fun.

      Delete
  2. I'll be lurking for replies because I wanna know too. I think that is a good idea. I honestly can't imagine Vegas to be relaxing though. I swear its just late nights and early morning fun. LOL They have day parties for crying out loud. Vegas is probably the reason its getting popular all over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Through a little reading I've learned that staying off the strip is a good way to get the best of both worlds. I want the Vegas experience but I don't want to be beat down tired when our trip is over either. I must be getting old...

      Delete
  3. How exciting :) I've never been to Vegas-- sorry, I'm of no help.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing some Googling and I've been able to find some things to do. :-)

      Delete
  4. Ive never been...but we are planning a trip there for my 30th also! I am in April...we have invited all of my cousins so I guess we really need to start planning! Ive heard the same thing about the shows and partying...I think you will have fun no matter what. I heard you dont have to necessarily party the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing that too! The post Mimi shared up top is really good! I think we're going to do some partying, see a show and indulge in good food and shopping. I can party a couple nights but not EVERY night, LOL!!! I'm not 21 anymore. ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!