Monday, July 2, 2012

Two Year Old Chores

Now that my little lady is getting up there in age I have decided to start making responsibilities a bigger part of her routine. She's already so independent. No need for all that independence to go to waste. Instead of trying to teach her how to complete activities I plan to teach her more about compliance. When Mommy asks you to do something you do it. That kind of thing...

Here is a list of some of the "chores" she's already doing and some that we'll be starting soon...

-Putting clothes in hamper before bath
-Putting shoes away
-Putting away toys and books
-Handing Mommy dishes from dishwasher (she loves helping with this. i take all sharp objects out before she starts helping.)
-Wipe off her area of the dinner table. (we use a soapy paper towel)
-Pick up spills
-Water plants with Mommy
-Separating laundry (teaches colors too!)
-Putting away groceries

I'd love to hear some of the ideas you have. What are some chore ideas you've tried with your toddler?

4 comments:

  1. oh no.... I haven't even thought about this yet. My LO just turned two on June 15th and he's such a silly boy that I probably spoil him too much! I have to come up with a plan for my little guy as well. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting clothes away in the hamper was one of the first chores I did with my toddler back when he was about 1.5 years old, and thankfully he still does it now a year later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope some of the "chores" she's doing now sticks!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!