Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Shrimp Fried Rice & Beef and Broccoli

I love Chinese food. I could probably eat it almost everyday. Unfortunately, I don't always live in cities with great Chinese restaurants. After being given a wok for my birthday a couple years ago I started making attempts at some of my favorite dishes. Last night we had shrimp fried rice with beef and broccoli. It was delicious. I found the recipes on Pinterest. (of course) I ended up having to increase some parts of the recipe because I made so much food. I was highly impressed with how it came out.

My tips for the beef and broccoli recipe would be to start cooking the beef first. Instead of taking the meat out when it's half way done like the recipe suggests, leave it in and add the rest of your ingredients. I found that everything cooked so fast and there was really no need for that step. If you find that you need more brown sauce keep making small batches of the recipe separately. That way you are getting equal parts of all the flavors. You don't want it to taste like a mouthful of soy sauce or oyster sauce. You want it to taste like brown sauce.

For the rice I recommend making the rice the night before and putting it in the fridge. (your rice should be old and cold) I would also make sure you have prepped all of your onions and veggies. I didn't do this and again because the wok cooks so fast I felt like I was wasting time. My dinner could have been done a lot sooner. I cooked my shrimp until they were half way done. Then I added some bamboo shoots, green onions and two scrambled eggs. After that was done I added my rice, some soy sauce and white pepper to taste. This rice was delish! I would definitely make it again. Here are some pics from dinner. Will you be trying this? What are your favorite cuisines to make?



These recipes can be found here and here. If you enjoyed this post click Follow to become one of my chic readers. You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more chic fun! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. That look so YUMMY! Dude... it's making me hungry. Guess I know what I'm eating for lunch today. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came out way better than I expected! So good and I didn't have to worry about the baby eating MSG, LOL!

      Delete
  2. We love Chinese food here too! Will definitely trying these recipes in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks official to me! Yum! Good job! I like the tip for old and cold rice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I gotta get back in the habit of cooking more! Poor husband is stuck eating leftovers and sandwiches during the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to cook everyday Sun-Thurs. We normally have leftovers at least twice a week so I end up not having to cook that much most of the time. Some weeks I'm all for cooking and some weeks I'm not in the mood, LOL...

      Delete
  5. Okay..
    How yummy does this look. Yum!!!
    I so wanna make this now
    Great job

    chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!