Monday, February 15, 2016

My Natural Hair Story with Dove Hair

One of the best decisions I made in 2015 was cutting my hair. Like, for real. I recently shared my new love for short hair here on the blog. I cut my hair because after years of relaxers, braids, sew-ins and hair color my damaged hair needed a redo.

I have always embraced each of my hairstyles but with each style I would experience some type of damage. During a recent trip to Target I found the NEW Dove Hair Regenerative Nourishment Collection. I began using it before I got my haircut to restore my hair from the damage of all the sew-ins and braids I'd been rocking.



While looking for a stylist to cut my hair, Dove Hair products really gave me the confidence I needed to change my look again. My hair started to look stronger and fuller. Having babies wreaked havoc on my hair too. Can any other Moms relate to that? My hair got so brittle and limp after baby number two.

As I was writing this post I remembered some of my hairstyles from the past. I loved them all and I'm happy with where my hair journey has brought me. 

I thought it would be fun to take a walk down memory lane with my hair to show you how I arrived at my pixie cut. I'm pretty sure I'm #teamshorthair for the rest of my life. Let's have a little throwback Mom Hair Monday...

At age five my frizzy hair was fragile. As a little girl I remember loving whenever my Mom would give me bangs. I loved bangs...



In the third grade I got my first perm. The damage from that resulted in me getting my very first haircut in the seventh grade. I grew my hair back out and it was healthy but thin. I literally had one hair style for about a decade. Here I am doing karaoke at a New Year's Eve party with my layers on full display. I was "singing" Beyoncé's Crazy in Love (of course)...


After years of wearing my hair in the same layered look I made the decision to cut all of my hair off and embrace my natural hair. I was pregnant with Savannah and wanted to show her how to love her natural hair. There was something about becoming a Mom that made me want to love all the parts of myself and that meant my curly not so easy to deal with fragile hair...


Since becoming a naturalista I have worn my hair in every style you can imagine. I've done twist outs, box braids, sew-ins, blow outs, afros, ponytails and the list goes on. I have loved each hairstyle but I haven't necessarily loved the damage that came along with them....


These days I'm wearing my hair in a pixie cut that I am absolutely loving. I haven't had to worry about the damage that I've experienced from some of these other hairstyles. My pixie cut is cute, easy to manage and between appointments with my stylist Dove Hair restores my hair from all the heat styling it's being put through...



I feel most beautiful when I know my hair is looking good. The Dove Hair Regenerative Nourishment Collection allows me to take my hair from curly to straight without worrying about the damage that can come from styling. The conditioner is so creamy. It really coats and protects your hair.


The Dove Hair Regenerative Nourishment Collection smells amazing. My favorite product is definitely the Serum in Oil. It's light and a little bit goes a long way. This collection from Dove Hair is available at Target. The next time you're at Target, grab the new Dove Hair Regenerative Nourishment Shampoo, Conditioner and Serum in Oil. Your hair can thank me later!

Have you seen this new line from Dove Hair?

This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Dove Hair, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #MyHairStory #DovePartner  http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

6 comments:

  1. Savanah looks just like you did when you were little. I love your pixie haircut it's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to screen shot this and send it to my family. No one thinks she looks like me but I see it! Thanks Sonya!!!

      Delete
  2. Great hair journey! I'm natural too but I'm thinking about going back to the relaxer. Does Dove offer products for course hair because I have that Jesus wool (4c ish)? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 4a/b hair and I really like this line. I just took a look at the Quench Absolute line on their website. It says that it makes curls more manageable and helps to define them.

      Delete
  3. I got my first relaxer at 5. It makes me twitch thinking about it. I'm a fan of the Dove Pure Care Dry Oil so I will have to check out the serum for sure. Love your pixie cut! My hair is loc'd but I am missing my TWA days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out the oil you just mentioned. My daughter's hair gets so dry. It might work for her.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!