Wednesday, February 10, 2016

32 Before 33: Learn Photography

Today was so busy. I chaperoned a field trip for Savannah's class. It was our first field trip. I think she had a blast. We both did.

After the field trip was over I came home to pump, eat lunch and take a break before school pick up. During my break I decided to research cameras. Something about having another baby made me feel like it was time to invest in a grown up camera. I also want to be able to create pretty pictures for this blog.

I took a photography class my senior year of high school. The only thing I remember from that class was struggling to develop film in the dark room. We did some pretty cool lessons in that class though. We once made a camera out of a box. I recall being impressed.


After going back and forth between Nikon and Canon I decided to go with Nikon. My budget for a camera was pretty modest. Like with anything else I wanted to get the most for my money so I decided to get a bundle that included the camera, a bag and two lenses. (As I'm writing this I realize that Best Buy didn't give me my free Shutterfly 8x8 book. They will see me tomorrow.)

At my price point I feel that this was a great choice for a beginner. 


The camera also came with access to the Nikon School and image editing software. I plan to get a tripod and a shutter remote soon. One of my goals for 2016 is to send out Christmas cards so I need to perfect the whole tripod, distance and remote use thing. 


It took me some time to get the courage to spend this much money on myself. I'm looking forward to learning a new hobby. Hopefully the images will get a lot prettier around here.

Have you invested in yourself lately? Know of any photography groups I should look into?


2 comments:

  1. Cool, just pulled our camera out and I too said I would be a photographer/producer by summer. Something I always wanted to learn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!