Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pregnancy Update: Gender Reveal

Yesterday we had our "big" ultrasound. Everything went well and we are so excited to meet our newest little bundle. There aren't too many updates to gush about. I've gained five pounds and the baby is measuring perfectly (actually a little bigger) for where we are in the pregnancy.

Now for the gender reveal. I have to say that I am pretty excited to share that baby number two will be a very handsome little boy!! You couldn't tell my husband anything after our appointment yesterday. We are both over the moon with joy. Since everything we own is for a little girl I will be having a serious yard sale or several eBay auctions soon. I've saved everything Savannah has ever owned and some of it has to go to make room for the new baby's things. Not to mention it would also be nice to have a little extra cash to start getting both of them ready for the hot summer season here in Texas.



Does anyone know of a reliable second hand baby clothing website that works like eBay? Got any yard sale pricing tips? You know I'm open to hearing it all! Please keep my little family in your prayers as we become a family of four.

21 comments:

  1. Yay! It's a boy! Thats just great. It seems like you just announced your pregnancy. Time is moving by fast. I gave away all my baby things from my girls. The only thing I was left with was a crib. I didn't plan to give it away but people kept asking me for things so being me I just gave it away. I wish I didn't and had the option to sell. Several things I could have kept but the other things would have help suppliment the cost. Girl I've spent so much money replacing everything and you would think the people who I gave things to would have at least bought a gift. Not! Get all you can out of your baby things because it will help. Good luck selling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is flying!! Yes girl I kept ALL her stuff. I bought gender neutral baby gear so we still have pretty much everything other than clothes. :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the boy! Search Facebook to see if there are local online yard sale groups in your area. Here, there are a TON of people in the groups on there, and baby things usually move pretty fast. There are even some more specialized ones just for baby/kid things. Also, look into consignment sales in your area. They are a great place to buy things and sell things as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took your advice and did a FB search. My neighborhood has a yard sale page! Thanks for that suggestion!!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats!! I would definitely look into consignment shops. I see a lot of people use their Instagram accounts to sell things too! Amazon lets you sell gently used items. Apps like Rumgr, Threadflip, thredUP and BigValueDepot.com are great places to list items as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the apps and sites!! I haven't heard of any of those and I had no idea Amazon sold gently used items. I'll be looking into all these things!

      Delete
    2. I am taking notes too! Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to you and your growing family! A BOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Tia so excited for you guys that you are having a boy. It's perfect when it happens that way. There is a consignment store that's on FM 78 in Converse. I just don't know the name. I actually think there are two of them, but if I find out I will text you and let you know and of course the yard sales on post. Btw we are moving in housing on Randolph next month so I'll be your neighbor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoop Whooop! Congrats!!! So cool. What a perfect pair you will have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You gotta let me know what I'm in for since you have a little boy, LOL!

      Delete
    2. Oh any time. Mine is a handful! haha

      Delete
  7. Wow where have I been?!?! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow where have I been?!?! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!