Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baby Preparation: It Begins


First I want to sincerely thank everyone for all of their advice and motivation over these past couple weeks. It has really meant a lot to me. I finally cracked the lid on her bins this morning. I decided to take it one bin at a time. My plan for selling her things is to group like items, brands or sizes together. This will allow me to do "lot" listings as opposed to selling individual outfits. 



This was the first "lot" that I put together. It was a carter's sleepwear listing. I use eBay as a pricing reference. I listed this "lot" on the yard sale page for my neighborhood and it was sold within thirty minutes. Great, right? I still have a long way to go but at least the ball is rolling. 


I'm gathering all of her shoes before selling any of them. These are all of the shoes I've found so far and I still haven't gone through all of her bins yet. I'm not sure how I'm going to approach selling her shoes. I think I might do a mix of individual listings and "lot" sales.


I will be saving these along with her white "walking" shoes for our baby boy. I had completely forgotten that she even had these. I also found bibs and a couple other things that her brother will be able to use. Yay, for hand me downs!!! Her clothes are in such great condition that I really hate to see them go but I can't keep everything. Our military nomadic lifestyle doesn't really allow you to be a sentimental hoarder. I'll keep some of her things but the majority of it has to go. Tear.


Wish me luck! So far my collective sales total is twenty five dollars. I sold one of my dresses on the yard sale page too. "A dolla makes me holla honey boo boo chile!"

10 comments:

  1. Your baby has a mean shoe game! I gave everything away after she could not fit them anymore. Kinda wish I sold some things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize she had so many shoes until now! I still haven't found them all, smh!!! I have a couple friends who are expecting so I'll probably give away her really nice stuff.

      Delete
  2. Those shoes!!!!!!!!!!!! My goodness. That's impressive. I need to start selling baby stuff. It's taking over my house. My kids are growing faster than I can keep up with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Her stuff was starting to take over! With a little boy on the way some of her stuff had to go. It's sad going through all her stuff but I know it's for the better.

      Delete
  3. I kept most of the quality items (that weren't stained with dirt or food) for our next one in case it's a girl. If the next one's NOT a girl, I DREAD the selling process. Then again, a dollar makes me holler, too, so...

    Have fun making that bread! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selling this stuff has been quite the task, but like you said a dolla makes me holla!!! LOL!!

      Delete
  4. I'm with Trina, your baby had a niiiice shoe game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had so many shoes! I didn't even realize that until I started organizing everything to sell!

      Delete
  5. Wow! I still have all of Noah's things. I have been wondering if I should hold on to them myself. I know it is still early but sometimes I wonder if it's just taking up space and loosing value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just like you. I have kept everything. I just hit a selling slump so I'm about to take a break from selling for a bit. Her stuff is just taking up so much space and there's no way I can keep keeping everything they have. I'd be a certified sentimental hoarder for sure, LOL!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!