Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Baby Preparation

To say that I am starting to feel overwhelmed would be an understatement. I feel like there is so much that I should be doing. Should being the operative word here. I should be doing so many things. I have a shared nursery or a nursery to start working on. I have eBay auctions that need to be hitting the net. I haven't even cracked the lid on any of those tubs or boxes. 

There is so much to be done around the house. I didn't realize Sav had so much stuff until now. This little guy deserves some closet space or at least a drawer or two. I need to get moving. Really I do. I'm ready to start doing the fun stuff like shopping for all his clothes and bedding. I've been trying to find a checklist that would give me an idea of what a starting wardrobe looks like. With Sav, I had so many different baby showers that I didn't have to worry about this. I really have no idea where to even start with shopping. We don't need any baby gear since all of our baby gear was gender neutral. So all I'm expecting to shop for is clothes and a couple small items.


I'm going to use the checklist above as a starting point. It looks trustworthy enough. I think I'll crack the lid on one of those bins tomorrow. There's no time like the present to get motivated. Times like this make me realize why famous people have assistants. Sometimes you just need a little assistance. I could use the help or at least an accountability buddy. Does that checklist look pretty reasonable Mama's? Or is it missing something? 

10 comments:

  1. I would say double it. I know that there were days when Moo easily went through 4 bodysuits or sleepers due to a blow out or her dad putting the diapers on wrong. You definitely want to make sure that you have at least 10 to 12 sleepers, bodysuits and pants. I didn't buy a lot of socks because during the winter time my babies lived in footed sleepers and leggings.

    Don't forget to add a pack of hooded towels. I love those things! Sending you some digital motivation so that hopefully you can crack open a bin or two tomorrow and get some stuff uploaded to ebay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your advice and motivation! I have started prepping things to sell to make space for all of the new baby things coming in!

      Delete
  2. I agree with YUMMommy. Better to have and not need than to need and not have! Super excited to see what you do for the nursery. You must be excited that you get to pick out all boy things this time around. Should be interesting!

    -Reese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am VERY excited about shopping for him. I really didn't get to shop that much for Savannah since she received everything at showers. (which I'm not complaining about at all, haha)

      Delete
  3. Thankfully Noah didn't have so many accidents so I didn't need so much body suits. I would definitely double up on the sleepers. And since you will be delivering in warmer months, maybe some shorts suits like the sleepers. Some people love socks and shoes but in the summer Noah never wore either of those. Footwear always fell off and I loved holding his bare feet while I carried him on me outside in the summer. I love hooded towels as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love baby feet! These suggestions are really helping me because I have been so overwhelmed with trying to figure out what exactly to get. I don't like shopping without a plan so this is great!

      Delete
  4. I know how you feel. I tried to space my time and get things done early but it's just like me to do everything at the last minute. I wish I found a checklist before I went shopping. I always over buy when it comes to clothes. I'm trying to buy only what's needed because I know how fast they grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See. That's my dilemma. I am really trying not to over buy, but it's tempting to buy so much. Even though I know he'll grow out of everything fast I still want to get him a whole wardrobe. Which is ridiculous, LOL! I am going to try my hardest to stick to this checklist and all the suggestions. I am trying to do a little at a time before it get's too hot. I do not want to be out in this Texas heat with my big belly and a two year old, LOL!

      Delete
  5. Congrats!!! I'm due in July and I havent gotten any baby stuff yet, so I'm sure you are way ahead of me :) I find out the sex tomorrow, so after that I'll start stocking up :)

    {love jenny xoxo}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you too!! I am also due in July! I've purchased exactly one shirt and one pair of pants for my little guy, LOL!! So I'm not too far ahead! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!