Saturday, July 28, 2012

Kitchenista: A Better Potato Salad

Everyone has had some version of potato salad. Some are great. Some are gross. Some are yellow and some are a creamy white.  There are thousands of different ways to make this yummy side dish. I personally prefer the recipe that I am sharing with you today. Of course, it is a recipe from my Mother's kitchen. I haven't been able to eat any other kind of potato salad since my Mom created this version. I've taken this to many a potluck it is always a hit. My bowl always returns home empty! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I always pin my recipes to Pinterest as well so be sure to repin them to use later. Happy Saturday!
Ingredients
7 Red Potatoes (skin on)
Celery chopped - a couple sticks (or more to taste)
Red Onion - finely chopped (about half the onion)
Boiled Eggs- 4 to 6 (depending on your preference)
Bacon Bits - Oscar Meyer (2 bags)
Dill Pickles - 1 jar
salt & pepper- season to taste
Old Bay- season to taste
Dill Weed - season to taste
Mayonnaise - Add a tablespoon at a time. Do not over mayo your salad.
*This recipe will make a small family size bowl. Of course you'll need to increase the recipe for a potluck or cook out.
Directions
Considering you have done all your prep work (boiled eggs, chopped celery & onions, etc.), wink wink. Cook your potatoes until they are to your preferred doneness. (I like mine soft but with a little bite.) Drain potatoes. Drain dill pickles and add to potatoes. Add all other ingredients. Add one tablespoon of mayo at a time until you get the consistency that you want. Try not to over mayo the salad. Stir. Stir. Add seasonings to taste and boom you're done. Remember to cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.











potato salad recipe

8 comments:

  1. I'm always down for trying some new potato salad recipes. I love, love, love potato salad but I agree not all of them turn out good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are making me hungry!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you ladies give it a try! It turns out great everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas for potato salad. I have linked in to Claire Justine a post about the artist Klimt. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really good, would def give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh! Mouth watering! I will be trying this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know how it turns out for you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delish! Thanks for participating in Soul Food Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!