Sunday, July 29, 2012

Chic Link Up

Happy Sunday! I was doing a little reading through my blog roll and came across this fun questionnaire. I found it on the Southern Glamourista's blog. I decided to join the link up and answer the questions too! What are some of your answers to these questions? Can't wait to see what everyone shares in the comments!
1. What is your dream job?
My dream job was to become a journalist. My major in college was broadcast journalism and I loved it. Ultimately I would have loved to have made it to a major network. CNN, NBC, CBS. But that was then. After college I discovered that I enjoyed connecting with people on a different level, which is why I love doing this blog. Who knows, maybe I'll still make it to a major network. Hopefully I'll be speaking on a panel with other Moms or getting interviewed because my children's book is on the NY Times Best Seller's list. I would be happy with either one of those! :-)
 
2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
I would definitely travel and see the world. I would also start my own foundation for military families and give back to the families that help keep this country free.
 
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was a kid I wanted to be a teacher or a news anchor. I met (when I say met I mean she shook my hand) one of the local news anchors during a parade and it just stuck with me.
4. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
I would tell them the same thing I whisper in my daughter's ear every night before bed, "Dream as big as God's promise".  Pray and have faith. You can never go wrong with that piece of advice.

5. What are your biggest pet peeves in life, blogging, or at work?
Hmmm. I would say that my biggest pet peeve would be people being late. I hate being late for anything. 

6. What are your biggest fears?
My biggest fear is not living in my purpose.  I am very big on living a purpose driven life. (That book changed me. I still read it over and over again. Right along with The Secret.)
 

Sunday Social

16 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that book about living a purpose driven life but it definately sounds like something I'd like. Thanks for sharing
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love your words of advice! Stopping over from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said travel too!! I'd love to see Greece some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When dream as big as God's promise there's nothing we can't accomplish. Love that piece of advice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I agree! I'm always early for everything so I don't like when people are late! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you're having a fabulous Sunday!:)

    Ali @ All Things {Pink} & Sparkly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purpose driven life is a GREAT book, I have read it a few times! Love your blog and can't wait to read more!

    Jasmyne <3
    afisherswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I studied journalism in school too. The Purpose Driven life is one of my favorite books. I love the fact that you whisper words of affirmation to your daughter. I do that with my son too. I think it is a powerful way to empower and encourage our children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I think it's so important to start that with her now. It helps me too.

      Delete
  8. good for you!! I think the Purpose Driven Life has influenced many people, like me, for the better. what you whisper to your daughter is beautiful...
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel you on the tardiness. I cannot stand being late and the irony is all of my friends are late and it drives me bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. new follower the blog hop great blog!
    Misty @monkeysandtutus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I'll be checking out your blog today!

      Delete
  11. Fun survey! I'm actually doing my dream job (thank God), but if I didn't have to work -- I'm with you: TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL! Internationally.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!