Monday, July 23, 2012

Embrace Change

It's no secret that we'll be moving to Texas next month. We have about thirty days left here in the Peach State. I can't believe that when we moved here (from Texas) I was thirty days out from having Savannah. Now she's almost two and we are moving yet again.

I remember when we moved from DC to San Antonio I was so sad. I loved living in nation's capital. The city was so vibrant and diverse. I met some of my favorite people there. When my husband called me at work and told me we were moving to San Antonio I was so shocked. Other than the San Antonio Spurs I didn't know anything about the city. I wasn't excited. I wasn't embracing the change.

I feel like I have grown so much since then. Maybe I've become an Army Wife veteran now because I have finally come to a place where I'm okay with all the moving. Even though I am not completely crazy about Texas I have a peace about going back there. As a military wife there is so much that happens that is out of my control. I have learned that it is much easier to go through the process of it all with a more positive attitude.

I know the next month won't be easy. It will be frustrating and hectic. There isn't anything I can do about that. All the preparation and organizing that I'm doing should help. This time around since I am more familiar with the city I am going to make the most out of our time there. I'll make sure that we experience some of the festivals. Go eat on the River Walk more often. We might even catch a Spurs game. Complaining gets you no where if the outcome is the same once those words leave your lips. I feel like I've turned over a new leaf. I don't have the bad anxiety I would normally have. Seven years into this lifestyle and it is finally becoming easier. Love that.



15 comments:

  1. That's a great perspective to have. I will pray for you and your family during this transition. Remember, God always has a plan. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way of looking at the situation. I'm an Army brat and moved a lot as a kid, I don't think I ever got used to it, but I was young then. :)

    Best wishes on your move! -Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. I appreciate them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Complaining gets you no where if the outcome is the same once those words leave your lips." Amen. I love that! You have to make the best of it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I moved a lot as a child too. I like staying put but that's hard if you are in the military. My husband was 10 years Navy/10 years Coast Guard. Retired now - We're been living where we are, going on 5 years. The longest and it feels like home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you both for the kind words. My goal from now until he retires is to focus on the positive of moving around. It's an adventure for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the move!! I get chills thru my body anytime my husband mentions maybe we should move! People tend to forget all the sacrifices military families make for the rest of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have moved so many times I have lost count. It always feels like I won't make the move date. What has helped me is doing a little something every day, no matter what. Even if it is just one little boxed packed. Then it is completed at the right time. All the best to you and may you be blessed with a smooth move! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just came across your blog..wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post! My family has had to move a lot for my dad's work and I haven't always been the biggest fan of the changes. It's definitely taken me a while, but I think I'm finally getting better at embracing change!
    I'm thrilled to be your newest follower and would love it if you could return the follow if you get the chance and wish to :)
    Best,
    Sapir @ smellthewildflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a while to become comfortable with it. Try to find the positives about your new city/town, that helps me!

      Delete
  11. Good luck with everything. It took me 3 years to get use to DC. I love change but it still takes me a while to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with everything!! Embracing change is huge in life. I am all about change - I love it & thrive off of it. My fiance, doesn't like change at all...but he is learning :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moving is hard and I can't imagine doing it so frequently. Great mind set to have. Things that are out of our control are best tolerated with a great attitude

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the kind words ladies! I appreciate it more than you know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!