Friday, July 20, 2012

Hairy Situation

As you know I will be attending my newest nephew's baby shower tomorrow. I'm very excited! I wanted to get something done to my hair for the weekend. I'll be seeing lots of family and friends so I wanted to switch my look up a bit.

I scheduled an appointment with Dyevercity Salon here in Augusta. I have to say that I was pretty nervous about getting my hair straightened because I've always had a bad experience with it before. Either the stylist would cut an extreme amount of my hair off or they wouldn't have actually styled my hair. I know that some stylists get intimidated by natural hair. Stacy at Dyevercity is not one of those stylist. She took my fly coily ringlets and turned them into a beautiful head of curls. I am so happy with how my hair turned out. She answered all the questions I had about me and my daughter's hair. I was in and out in under two hours, super professional. My hair is bouncy, full of body and feels incredible!

If it wasn't for our big move next month I would go back to Stacy in a heartbeat. If you're in this area be sure to look her up! Here are some before, during and after pics.

fresh face. no filter. LOL

after shampoo. detangle.

all blown out.

natural hair straightened
the finished product.

blow out on natural hair



What do you do with your hair when you're ready to switch it up a bit?

12 comments:

  1. I would love to straighten it but my experience every time (whether professional or not) is heat damage. There is always a section that won't curl back. :-(

    So switching it up for me would be a straight sewn in weave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot to say that I love your how your hair came out. I really do!

      Delete
    2. Aww, thanks! I'm probably going to try braids next. The stylist was talking to me about protective styling (I've never done a protective style)and how it helps with growth. I'm gonna give it a shot next month I think. Doing my research now...Oh, and I LOVE good sew in, sooo fly! ;-)

      Delete
  2. She did a really great job with your hair. I'm a straight natural so I usually wear it curly when I want a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It looks so cute and you have a lot of length! Too bad you're moving :-( I hope you find a great stylist when you move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! So sad that I'm just finding her but hopefully I'll find a new stylist in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put on a HAIR HAT, in a different color! Hi Tia, thanks for stopping by my blog. You are leaving GA to go to Texas? I left Texas to come to GA. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! I am in love with fedoras. I probably wear one at least three times a week!

      Delete
  6. Im loving the little fro you were rocking! LOL! I loved it on you!
    The finishing style is super cute and sexy as well! Good luck on your move!
    Love the blog, Im a stay at home Mom as well. New follower!
    Great post

    chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My fro will be back soon. I'm gonna get some braids to finish out the summer. I checked out your blog, love it! Now following you as well!

      Delete
  7. I'm pretty boring when it comes to hair, so switching it up for me involves maybe pulling it up into a halfway or full-out ponytail. I've been a straight natural (transitioning) for almost a year now, so I can't wait to wear it curly like yours. You're so pretty, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, thank you!! I love my curly fro! I needed to get my ends trimmed so I figured that was a great time to try getting it straightened. I love a cute ponytail and that's the one thing I miss since going natural. It's so hard for to get my hair all brushed back. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!