Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day

Days like today are pretty awesome. Nice weather. Good food. Great people. I am so proud to live in this country. A country that prides itself on individuality. People are free to say what they want and within the law do what they want. Days like today remind me to celebrate those freedoms.

Being an Army wife has made me even more appreciative. I see what families go through to keep this country safe. The deployments, living far from family and the constant moving. It's tough. Tough but I wouldn't have it any other way. My crazy military life is what this country is about. Hard work. Resiliency. Struggle. Hope. Peace.

American Flag


Life may not be perfect. Heck, this country may not be perfect. But when I think of all the other places I could be I thank God that I am right here. Happy Independence Day.

6 comments:

  1. Agreed! The country may not be perfect, but we have so MUCH to be thankful for. Hope you had a lovely 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Happy Independence Day, if just a bit late, to ya!!!

    Aloha,

    Stopping by to say "hi" and to be your newest follower from the casual Friday hop...

    If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love it if you'd join me at localsugarhawaii.com where we're riding the wave of life. And, if you'd like, we're linking up with tons of beautiful bloggers today for our ALOHA Friday HOP-- come join us.
    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving a deeper meaning to Independence Day. Those fireworks mean nothing if not for the sacrifices made by our heroes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!