Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chic Obsessions: The Food Edition

I thought I would do another edition of my chic obsessions. This time I thought it would be fun to do a round up of my favorite meals, snacks and kitchen gadgets. I am a big food person. I love cooking and eating. No lie. I could probably watch the Food Network all day if given the opportunity. I live for Top Chef and Around the World in 80 Plates had me at hello. Here is a list of my must haves in the kitchen. Oh. And that salad from Instagram that everyone was excited about made the list! Eat your heart out!

Super Chic Salad




I could probably eat a salad every day. It's absolutely one of my most favorite meals. Here is the fastest best salad you will ever make. Keep these items in your fridge and pantry and you will never be lost for lunch or dinner. Remember, if you take your salad to lunch do not pre toss the salad in dressing or you'll end up with a limp bed of spinach. And no one likes a limp bed, of well, anything really.

- Spinach (or your green of choice) Arugula is good too.
- Almond slices
- Craisins (Dried Cranberries)
- Boiled Egg
-Avocado
-Bacon Bits
-Feta or Bleu Cheese
-Red Onion
-Mushrooms
-Protein of choice (Sometimes I skip the meat and it's just as good and filling.)
-Dressing (I use Ken's Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette.)



On the Go Snack
I love Sargento Pepper Jack cheese sticks. They are amazing.

Things every Kitchenista needs...
As I said I love cooking. The one thing I have learned about the kitchen is that if you have the right tools for your job you can things done much faster. I know these tools may seem like your every day kitchen gadgets but I know there's someone out there who just needs to know the chic basics. Here they are...



- Decent Knives. Notice I didn't say good or expensive. Get the best knives your money can buy. Anything is a step up from what most people currently use.

- Blender. If you get a good blender you can do just about anything with it. You can make cocktails, salsa and I even made Savannah's baby food with mine.

-Chopper. This thing is a lifesaver when you need a fine chop.

What are some of your chic obsessions when it comes to food and kitchen gadgets?

8 comments:

  1. Salad look yummy! Great must haves! I recently bought the Ninja and it makes me mis my kitchen aid so bad. I don't know what the big hype is about that. Its doofy and loud and not that smooth to me. (Sorry mini rant) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the Ninja, but my little $10 chopper does wonders!! It's kind of loud but it's not too bad!

      Delete
  2. Looks good! I love the almond accents and craisins in my salads!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, they make all the difference to me!! So yummy!

      Delete
  3. That salad looks delicious! A griddle is an essential in my kitchen. I use it for pancakes to steaks. A stand mixer is another essential. I want a Kitchenaid one day one day. Good knives and chopping board is a must and get put to use everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE kitchenaid mixer one day too! I use a cast irom skillet for pancakes and steaks and I really love it!

      Delete
  4. My mandoline slicer, my set of cast-iron cookware, and my tea strainer.. I absolutely adore tea ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!