Friday, January 29, 2016

Natural Hair Pixie Cut For the Win

One of the best decisions I made in 2015 was getting my haircut. I didn't know how much energy I was putting into thinking about my hair until it wasn't there anymore.

When I mean to tell you that my haircut has changed my life I'm not kidding.

I was literally living in a ponytail...


I couldn't even find pictures for this post of me with my hair out. All of the pics on my computer have me rocking braids (which I love) or a ponytail. Sad. In 2015 I went back and forth with the idea of cutting my hair. I really didn't want to get a perm so finding a stylist that could cut and style natural hair was very important to me.

After a long search (it seriously took me all year) I found a stylist that I love. She's professional. She doesn't double book and she's very talented. 

natural hair pixie cut

It has made a world of a difference for me to no longer be worried about, "What am I going to do with my hair....". When my hair is straight I roll the top in rollers and I wrap the back in a silk scarf at night to sleep. It stays straight until it gets wet. 

natural hair pixie cut


I haven't worn my hair naturally curly since getting it cut until yesterday. My birthday is next week so I pushed my hair appointment back to have fresh birthday hair. I washed my hair using Cantu's shampoo and I used Savannah's Just For Me styling products. The results were incredible...

natural hair pixie cut

natural hair pixie cut

Gosh this post was full of selfies. Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, cutting my hair has been one of the best things I could have ever done for myself. I don't have much time these days to pull myself together and a haircut has made me look & feel pulled together without much effort.

Now if I could just make it to the gym I might be on my way to shutting 2016 all the way down...

Have you made any changes lately that have improved your quality of life? 

10 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I'm thinking about doing the same thing...mine has heat damage and right now I'm living in a ponytail and I need to do something fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine had heat damage in the top too from sew-ins. I have been loving it. What kind of style are you thinking of?

      Delete
  2. You looks fabulous! I sent a pixie pic to my stylist a few months ago... I'm still waiting for her to fly down so I can get my cut. Thanks for sharing your natural pixie. I was nervous about trying it as a natural but yesss! Natural pixie for the win because I'm over this ponytail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes! You can stay natural and rock a pixie cut!

      Delete
  3. I cut my hair for the same reason. I think into the Summer I am going to cut down to a pixie. I so desperately want to be able to wash and go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go for it! This haircut has made things so much easier for me.

      Delete
  4. Your haircut is cute. I cut my hair over a year ago into a tapered cut. But now I'm trying to grow out the sides of my hair. I miss having a full head of hair. However, I'm getting to the challenging part because my sides are growing out but I'm having a hard time trying to style them at the current length. Once they get a little longer I will be able to twist them, but right now it's still a little too short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really enjoying my hair at this length. It's already grown out a bit since I got it cut in December so I'm getting a trim this week. I'll probably keep my hair short for a while. Growing out a haircut is such a task, LOL! It always goes through that awkward stage before it's easy to work with again.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!