Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Beach vs. An Amusement Park

So here's the thing. My baby girl asked for a trip to the beach for her birthday. Of course the weekend that we're suppose to be frolicking in the sand and sun mother nature decides to call for a little rain. Now I'm stuck with trying to figure out a quick plan B. My husband has already taken off from work so there's a part of me that feels like we should just go and make the best of it.

I considered taking her to a local amusement park as a plan B. After calling and speaking to someone about their water park admission I learned that it would be $75 for our little family. Our general admission is free since active duty military get one free trip to the park this year. However, I just can't see spending $75 to go swimming.  Maybe I'm being cheap but I see that $75 as gas money to the beach. Round trip.

So in true Mommy fashion I have spent the day researching other activities for us just in case we get rained out. Hopefully the rain will provide cooler weather for the baby. One can only hope. Anyway, I will be doing laundry and packing for this getaway for the rest of the evening. I can't believe my baby girl will be three next week. Time flies. What is she going to want for her birthday when she's 16 if she's already asking for beach trips at three?

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm that is tough. These kids know what they want. LOL
    $75 does seem like a lot. I would only do it if there were a decent amount of water activities. We have a park that sounds like yours nearby and I haven't gone yet for the same reason. I hope the rain ends up being early in the morning or later in the day for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl yes! I still can't believe that she asked for a trip, LOL! When Sea World told me that it was an additional $25 a person to get access to the water park I was like, "Mmm No. We'll be going to the beach." LOL! That just seemed crazy to me.

      Delete
  2. Sea world didn't use to charge for the water park. That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty crazy. The Sesame Street splash pad area is still free but Aquatica is not included in the regular admission ticket. It's cool though. We took her to the beach this past weekend and she had a blast! We'll do Sea World once it cools down and Aquatica is no longer a temptation, LOL!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!