Monday, September 23, 2013

Dinner Idea: One Arm Chicken

Sunday I made the famous crockpot chicken tacos that are floating around Pinterest right now. I only used half of the chicken breasts from my pack for the tacos and needed to use the other half. I normally don't have luck with chicken breast. I asked my twitter friends to tweet me some of their favorite chicken breast recipes and I was very happy with the suggestions. 

I got a tweet from Walmart. (yes that Walmart) They suggested that I check out their chicken dinner Pinterest board. (I didn't event know they were on Pinterest.) There were a lot of good recipes on their board. I found a picture of a meal that looked pretty good and easy enough for me to whip up. I couldn't find the actual recipe to accompany the photo so I tried my best to replicate what I saw. Here it is. My "One Arm Chicken". I will explain how I named this dish after the recipe.


Season both sides of your chicken breasts with this...




Heat your frying pan/skillet and pour in some olive oil and a scoop of butter...


Also pour in a little white cooking wine and some minced garlic (not pictured)

Once your butter is melted a good bit add your chicken to the pan...



Cook until done... Flip the chicken to brown it on both sides...


Once the chicken is done remove it from the pan...


Pour a little of the white cooking wine in your pan to loosen up any of the chicken bits and flavor...

For the sauce: Add some minced garlic (to taste) and dried basil (i sprinkle in A LOT) to your pan. Pour in a cup of cream. Drain a can of diced tomatoes (you can always use fresh) and add that as well. Cook this on low for a few minutes. Drain the mushrooms. Add them to the pan...





Once your sauce thickens a bit. Add the chicken back to the pan and cover it. Cook on low for about 15 minutes...

chicken breast in cream sauce recipe dinner

It should look like this once it is done... (I know it looks a lot like the first pic but you should see a difference.)


This is my husband's plate...


The potatoes were roasted in the oven and the broccoli was steamed... This chicken was AMAZING!

And I called this recipe "One Arm Chicken" because I cooked it with one arm, haha! I know this may not be the healthiest meal with all the cream but every now and then I have to cheat. I don't normally use canned mushrooms but they were a great alternative. It would have been really hard to chop mushrooms holding a baby. Normally I'm able to put the baby in one of my wraps or carriers when he's fussy but today he wanted the real thing. 

Oh. And not to be out done Savannah drew an entire picture on the counter tops. Thank goodness for anti-bacterial wipes. They clean everything.

Will you be trying this recipe? What are some of your favorite chicken breast meals?

14 comments:

  1. Minus the mushrooms, I've always wanted try this recipe. Saw it on Food Network once. I'll definitely have hunt down a soy alternative for the cream though since the kiddies are allergic to dairy of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To thicken the sauce you could always use some cornstarch. We actually had this for dinner again tonight! :-)

      Delete
  2. I think my family would Love this chicken recipe. I'm pinning it so I can try it soon :) I love the One-Arm theme, and remember those days when the little ones needed holding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so precious at this age. I couldn't help but to hold him. :-)

      Delete
    2. You can't spoil a baby with Love; they are only that small for a short time. Good for you mama!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! Made this and had hubby and six teenagers devour it! It was awesome. I through some bacon pieces into sauce too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummm I bet bacon took it to another level!! Gotta try that next time! I'm glad your family enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. Trying your recipe for dinner tonight! Hoping mine looks and tastes as good as yours! Thanks for the quick and easy meal!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! I hope your family enjoys it! :-)

      Delete
  5. Just made this! It is delicious 😋

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I don't have cream, can I use cream of mushroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could absolutely give that a try! I bet it would be just as good!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!