Thursday, July 11, 2013

Baby Update: Four Weeks Old

Time is flying. I have always said if you want to pass time quickly have a baby. I can not believe my son will be four weeks old tomorrow. Whoa. I thought it would be nice to share how we're doing. I think I am adjusting like any other woman with a newborn. I'm tired and still riding on what little adrenaline I have left. Things have been going pretty smooth for the most part and I am very thankful for that.

Our sleep pattern has been pretty normal. He wakes up about every three hours to eat and be changed. He normally goes right back to sleep after being nursed. We have been doing a mix of co-sleeping and putting him in his crib. It just depends on how tired I am. Please spare me any lectures on co-sleeping. I am not interested in them. Baby M will eventually sleep in his crib every night. When he starts having longer stretches of sleep he'll make a permanent move to his room. He sleeps in his bed during the day for naps so I'm not too concerned about the move. I didn't co-sleep with Savannah but then again I wasn't as tired then as I am now.

Breastfeeding is still going well. Between nursing and pumping I'm a little milk machine. Love that. We've been able to go on a couple play dates and are slowly getting back into the swing of things. I am hoping to get better about taking both of them out by myself. I never knew how much goes in to taking two small children out for errands or an activity. It's been a learning experience. And I am still learning.

I'm going to start working exercise back in to my routine this weekend. I'll keep you posted on how that  goes. I don't own a scale so I'm not sure where I am in terms of weight since giving birth. I'm looking forward to getting in incredible shape. My plan was to be in amazing shape before my thirtieth birthday in February and I plan to accomplish that goal. Watch me work. We'll be talking a lot about fitness in the coming months. 

What was your first month like after baby? Is it all a big blur?

13 comments:

  1. Glad to see everything is going well with you and the little one, Tia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi congrats on your new addition, 4 weeks and play dates already I'm impressed. Yes after both my two (4 yrs & 2 yrs) I did find the first month a blur, particularly my first who was born 5 days after Christmas. Good luck in losing the baby fat but do be patient, the key thing is to rebuild your strength and fitness levels. Looking forward to being kept updated on your journey.


    Fitnessbuster Supporting you in getting your fitness and nutrition back on track



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Wow, I can imagine having a holiday baby was pretty exciting! Your right getting your strength back is so important and that's been my focus so far. I'm hoping to step it up to the next level in August.

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear everything is going well. Its hard for one kid, I can only imagine what its like going out with two. I think you will be so smooth with it soon. I remember that first month like it was yesterday. I miss that newness. bundled up in my Moby. I never wanted to take him off. Baby wearing made me so comfortable taking him out in public after the first week. We co slept a lot but mostly with the snuggle nest because hubby was paranoid. lol I will grab your button once I organize my site. Working on that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Moby but I'm thinking about getting an Ergo. Sometimes I like the Moby and sometimes I don't. I never felt that way with my daughter, it's weird, LOL!! I love the snuggle time too. Thanks for grabbing my button!

      Delete
  4. Funny you mention the lectures on co-sleeping. I had a friend try to do that to me when Jasmine was first born. I have no idea why people refuse to just let momma's raise their own children without trying to insert their opinion into everything? It's beyond me.

    My first month with Jasmine was such a blur. She woke up all the time, so for my own sanity I ended up sleeping on the couch so I could get to her ASAP and give her her 2-3 nightly feeding (I think she was under the impression that mommy was an all you can eat buffet). I do miss breastfeeding though. I thought I would be relieved once it was over, but afterwards I just felt like she no longer needed me. So enjoy it. It's such a wonderful thing that you are doing for Baby M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, yes, I learned very early after having Sav to stop listening to the unsolicited advice of others. We're still in that stage where he's waking up about 2-3 times a night. I don't mind it since he's right there next to me. You miss breastfeeding? I have to say that when I was done BFing Sav I was quite excited. This time I'm enjoying the experience more but I can't say that I'll miss it.

      Delete
  5. Aww! My nephew is the same age! I'll be sharing your post with his ma'! =} thanks!

    XO | KIMBERLYLUXE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your new nephew! Thank you for sharing!!!

      Delete
  6. totally co-slept, both kids. It was the only way they would sleep without screaming and when you have to get up for work that is not an option. My first 3 months were ALL a blur for sure...but you will be in a (better)routine before you realize it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're slowly but surely getting into a new routine. Last week I didn't get much sleep but this week has started off so much better.

      Delete
  7. I feel like I just saw his birth announcement on Instagram. How time flies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is about babies that speeds up the passing of time.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!