Thursday, July 4, 2013

Baby Boy's Birth Story Part III

I feel like it's been forever since I've done a new post. It's been a very busy couple weeks. If you've had a baby you know what I'm talking about. Between the not sleeping, breastfeeding, pumping and trying to find a new rhythm it's been crazy. Luckily, my Mom was able to come spend a couple weeks with us and my husband was on paternity leave so it wasn't too bad. I'm hoping to get back to posting regularly in the coming week. 

Our first couple weeks have been pretty great. Baby M is such a good baby. Like most newborns all he does is eat and sleep. We've been able to go on several family outings which has kept Savannah's life very normal. Baby M's newborn and two week check up both went very well. He's gained weight and is growing so fast. He looks so different now. It's amazing how fast they change and grow.

I know I mentioned on the blog before that I was a little nervous about breastfeeding this time around. My milk supply with Sav was never enough to feed and pump to build a stash for the freezer. This time around I have more than enough milk. I could probably feed my baby and a few others. My husband jokes that we should stop buying milk and the whole family should switch to breast milk to save a few bucks. He's funny. I don't know if I'd actually do that but at least Baby M has plenty of milk ready when he needs it. I'm just so happy that I'm having a better experience with my supply this time around. Praise God from whom all breast milk flows!

Sleeping has been a little tough. Due to all the cuddling he got while everyone was here I believe he's already figured out that he doesn't want to sleep in his own bed. Y'all already know how I feel about the sleeping situation. I will start sleep training as soon as my husband permanently goes back to work. I'm not too concerned about training him since he's still so new to the world. 

I haven't done an outing by myself with both kids yet but I'll be sure to let you all know how that works out for me. I'm sure it will be entertaining if nothing else. I haven't started doing any serious exercising yet. I'm waiting until I've been officially cleared by the doctor. My appointment is in August. Until then I plan to go for walks when I can and stay as active as possible. It's so important to keep moving after a C-Section. I hope everyone is enjoying their Independence Day! 

3 comments:

  1. Breastfeeding in those early days is truly a task. I know everyone was saying to hold off on the breast and bottle feeding to avoid nipple confusion but I started a few weeks after because I didn't want either of mine to get to the point where they wouldn't take a bottle and I didn't have any issues with nipple confusion.

    Glad to hear you all are adjusting well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I started with a bottle a lot sooner this time. With my daughter I exclusively nursed and breastfeeding controlled my life. I didn't want to be in that situation this time. So far he doesn't have any problem taking both.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that breast feeding is going well! My first outing with both kids wasn't what I was afraid it was going to be like. Moo was super helpful and JJ did well. Looking back it was definitely easier taking two kids to the store when one slept pretty much the whole trip. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!