Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Operation Snap Back™: Pushing Past the Plateau

21 Day Fix Extreme Results

When the MTV V(Bey)MAs aired the other night the internet went crazy after Kanye West premiered  his new video for Fade featuring Teyana Taylor. If you haven't seen the video just go on instagram and search the hashtag #TeyanaTaylor.

There is where you will find your life. And some fitness motivation.

Why was there so much buzz about Miss Teyana? Well, because she just had a baby. Not gonna lie her body blew my mind and then my mind came back with perspective.

21 Day Fix Extreme Results

First of all she's a dancer. Second of all she's twenty something. And third of all I'm pretty sure she's working with resources that this stay at home Mom can't afford. What I do have in common with Teyana is that we have the same 24 hours everyday and we both have nine month old babies.

So, after watching her dance in that video I decided that I needed to push past my current mental and physical plateau.

Here's how I found new motivation:

-I started alternating my workouts between 21 Day Fix Extreme and Cize. If your workouts are starting to bore you try something new!

-I'm using heavier weights for 21 Day Fix Extreme to make it more challenging. If your workout isn't challenging your body then it's probably not working. (I should have done this after my first round to be honest. Being cheap and too lazy to go to the store gets you no where.)

-I set long term goals to keep me working towards something other than seeing inches disappear. I want to look good at some upcoming events so I must continue to eat right and workout.

- If I got these kind of results in 42 days where would I be by the end of the year if I just stick with it?

21 Day Fix Extreme Results

I have so loved learning about my body through this process. I now know that I shouldn't be eating much dairy with the exception of eggs. I have also learned that I need to avoid a diet that is high in sodium. Carbs are okay in moderation and drinking the appropriate amount of water really makes the difference between me surviving a workout or dying midway through it.

A couple other things I've learned about my body... My metabolism is encouraged during cardio. I notice that my metabolism works much "better" on the days that I do cardio. My final take away is that your flat tummy is definitely made in the kitchen. It doesn't matter how many ab workouts you do if you're still eating all the sodium and drinking all the wine.

Sad facts.

clean eating for moms

My strategy for eating is to find things that you love to eat and always have them on hand. I literally eat the same thing for weeks at a time. When I start to feel sick of it I find something new and eat that into the ground. I have found that it is so much easier to eat what you love over and over  again instead of trying to be a Top Chef whipping up all these different things everyday. Do what works for you but my little "meal phases" have been a huge help to me.

post partum clean eating

Before I leave for the day to head to Costco and the Post Office I just want to share some exciting news. 

I wasn't sure when I would share this but today seems like the right time so here we go...

I have registered to become a certified Cize Live instructor. My workshop is in a couple weeks. Once I'm certified I'll be able to teach Cize in a group fitness setting! I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes. Wish me luck!

16 comments:

  1. I don't need to google because I've got all the inspiration I need right here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so awesome the things you've learned about yourself. I also like the tip about eating something you like until you're tired of it. Trying to come up with something new/different to cook can be such a drag at times so I'm going to take that tip to heart.

    So excited for you and your new adventure w/ Cize!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would say that learning those things about my body are better than the actual results themselves. That's where the lifestyle change comes in for me. Now I know what things that I can have without worry and what things I should stay away from. It's been a great learning experience for sure.

      Delete
  3. Tia, I've been watching your process via snapchat and let me tell you that you've been quite the inspiration. I get a lot of "you're thin, why do you want to work out" What people fail to understand is being thin does not necessarily equate health. And as for Teyana Taylor - I've shared the same argument. she's in her 20's. But we do share the same 24 hours it's all about priorities right?

    Either way congrats on everything, you are a wonderful motivation to us all! See at it ma'am!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Good luck becoming a Cize instructor. That sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Good luck becoming a Cize instructor. That sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your body is goals, Tia! Teyana Taylor who?! Lol. You're looking great, mama. And I'm sure it feels great as well. Wishing you the best of luck with becoming a Cize Live instructor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are fitness goals!!! And yay for getting your certification!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My workshop is this week, I'm excited!!!

      Delete
  8. This is awesome and congrats on the certification. You are going to be a great instructor! I thought about becoming a Zumba instructor a while back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to teaching classes!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!