Monday, August 22, 2016

Diaper Bag Must-Haves

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MomsHelper #CollectiveBias



I have always considered myself to be a low maintenance Mama. It has been a challenge to remain that way with three little ones under six. When we go out for errands or longs days I make sure that I plan ahead and pack the items we need to survive the day.

Packing my diaper bag for a busy day takes just a few minutes. It has always been my motto that I can make it thru a day of errands without carrying around a million things. Let's keep it real, when we go to my daughter's soccer games or out for fun in the city or to the splash pad I absolutely carry more than what you see listed here - but when I'm solo with my mini squad I don't carry more than I have to.

And you shouldn't either.


These diaper bag must-haves keep everyone happy while we're out and about. Wrangling three kids is hard enough so I never leave the house with my Mama tool kit.

Ready to make a Mama tool kit of your own? Everything you see here is available at Target.


To start building your kit you'll need to start with a bag of your choice. It can be a diaper bag or a roomy tote, whichever you prefer.


Now think about your day. What time will you be out? If you're like me and you have a baby you never leave the house without bottles. I grabbed these Playtex Baby™Ventaire® bottles during a recent Target run and they have been great. Moses is holding his own bottle now and I like that these have an anti-colic bottom vent that prevents air from mixing with his milk. He can feed himself while I shop and I don't have to worry about him sucking in tons of air, winning!

One of my secrets to carrying less is that I do not carry food or snacks with me unless we'll be out close to mealtime. I do allow them to bring along a bottle of water. If I feel that Sav or Mikey need a little "hold ya over" snack I'll grab a few fruit snacks or a banana for them.



Now that you've taken care of everyone's tummies don't forget diapers, wipes and a pacifier if you use one. I use my diaper bag as a purse so my wallet is already in there waiting for me along with my keys.

Once everyone is wrangled, I grab my phone and I start loading everyone into the car.




Another great tip that I learned early was to keep a Mama tool kit in your car too! Always have a change of clothes, a pack of wipes, a few diapers, a blanket and a clean (dry) bottle in the trunk of your car. You never know when someone will lose a bottle or drop one in the parking lot at Target.

Don't forget to use the Target Cartwheel app to save on the Playtex Baby bottles of your choice! The offer is good 8/21 to 9/3.


What are your Mama must-haves for days full of errands?

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I agree it's so important to have the necessities with you at all times and an extra with emergency supplies in the car. You just never know when you might need something with kiddos! {client}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!