Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Why you NEED a Deep Freezer & VIDEO Grocery Haul


Let me tell you - I think I have finally gotten into a groove. I have become familiar with the layout of the grocery store here and I'm pretty sure I have decided what my go-to stores will be. I would still love to find an organic store like Sprouts, Trader Joe's or Whole Foods near me but until then I'm pretty satisfied with where I'm shopping.

I have grown to dislike the commissary here less. It's still a zoo but knowing where things are has helped tremendously.

Our meal plans have been weekly instead of monthly. That seems to be working for us right now. We also got a deep freezer when we moved that I have been slowly stocking. It has been a huge help to me to have the space and extra things on hand. It has saved me from making many trips to the store.

We don't even have a super huge one but it does the job and I LOVE it.

Here's why I love my deep freezer and why you should get one:

1. It holds an insane amount of stuff. I put everything that should be frozen in mine with the exception of fun things for the kids like popsicles, ice cream, waffle sleeves and frozen veggies.

2. When I open my freezer in the kitchen things are not falling out all over the place anymore. You know I use to grocery shop once a month, right? I use to cram ALL that stuff into our tiny fridge freezer. There should be a statue in my honor somewhere.

3. A deep freezer allows you to stock up on things. I know, duh. But it's worth mentioning. Having the extra space means that if ribs go on sale I can grab a few extra slabs and store them properly. It's a great way to save money.

4. I can plan ahead now. This kind of goes with the tip above but I'm actually looking forward to the holiday season now. I can buy a turkey WHENEVER I WANT TO. I don't have to wait until all of America is shopping for them. Again, money saver.

5. Lastly - I just have to say that anything that keeps me from running to the store with three kids will always have a special place in my heart. Even when I don't feel like cooking it feels good to know that I don't have to load them all into the car to get takeout. I can go to that deep freezer and "take out" (see what I did there?) some hot dogs or a pizza! It is glorious.

Do you have a deep freezer? Am I crazy for loving mine the way I do? My latest grocery haul is below if you'd like to see what's going down in my deep freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!