Monday, July 11, 2016

Hello Monday : RANDOM


This weekend was pretty busy. My husband spruced up the backyard while I wrangled the kids and handed him tools and beer as needed. After what had to have been his third trip to Home Depot Saturday morning he came home with breakfast and this drink from Starbucks.

I had never had coffee before. He said this was a tall mocha something that I couldn't even finish. I am in love with the idea of being a coffee drinker more than I love with the taste of coffee. I can check coffee drinking off of my list...


We reupholstered the chairs that got damaged during the move this weekend too. This project only took about 30 minutes. I must say that I don't like the pattern that I picked out. At all. I really wanted a solid color or a dark print. I'll be looking online for something else.

Today I started the 21 Day Fix Extreme challenge that I told you guys about last week. I don't know who this woman is but after 30 minutes with her this morning I felt like I was going to throw up. That workout wasn't easy. 


I was able to push through it. I hope to get stronger as the days roll on. I'm 9.5 miles into the 25 mile Operation Snap Back™run challenge. A few things that I've noticed since I made fitness a priority again...

- I am more patient.
- My skin looks much better.
- I am more productive.
-I'm sleeping better at night.

This morning while the boys were still asleep I whipped up these egg muffins to have for breakfast all week. There's spinach, mushrooms, red bell pepper, green onion, sea salt and pepper in them. They were so good. (Mix everything bake for 15 minutes on 375)


A serving is two. Not gonna lie I was still extremely hungry after my extreme workout. I ate an apple with almond butter for a snack soon after breakfast. For lunch today I'll be having a salad with some chopped pork tenderloin. I hope to not be as hungry as I am right now after that...

Wish me luck! How was your weekend? How is everyone doing with their fitness goals?

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! I love those egg muffins! They are so versatile and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was my first time making the egg muffins and I am a new fan of them!

      Delete
  2. I don't drink coffee either. I still haven't tried it though, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.
    Good luck with the 21 Day Fix Extreme. I'm sure you will get great results.
    If you have a Jo-ann craft store near you. They have a lot of nice fabric and really great sales. If you sign up for emails you get a lot of great coupons. But their sales/coupons usually last 2 or 3 days then something else goes on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely a coffee drinker, but I have to admit it's an acquired taste. Especially if the aftertaste bothers you. It can dry out your mouth. I eat a lot of mints. LOL

    The egg muffins look delish, but I'd be hungry too if I only ate two of them. I use shakes, sometimes I can be ok, but other times I'm sooooo hungry. It just depends. But I think we'll both adjust. Or eat a lot of salady stuff in between meals.

    Anyway, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to start eating some with them. Some mornings I have oatmeal and sometimes I have couscous. I think I'll try coffee again once I'm done with my challenge.

      Delete
  4. Never had coffee before? that's crazy! haha. I love me some coffee. So, are you going to try some new things?!

    Glad I came across your blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for stopping by! I plan to try some more coffee soon. I really want to try a cappuccino!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!