Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

mother's day 2016

Today is one of the only days of the year that I take full advantage of it being a day for me. I normally rest on Mother's Day. My husband takes over and plans everything and takes care of everyone. That's really the only gift I ever ask for.

If you follow me on snapchat then you know that earlier this week the kids spilled lemonade on my computer. Totally destroying it. My heart was a little broken. None of the pics or videos on the computer could be saved and the repair cost was so high that I decided to pass on getting it fixed.

When my family presented me with a new computer - complete with song, flowers and cards - I felt so extremely thankful. I would have never asked for it but they said they knew how much I enjoyed "doing my computer stuff" and wanted me to have another computer. All the feels....

New computers are nice but what I always love more than anything (besides the rest) is receiving handmade gifts from the kids. Savannah's gift this year had the most perfect poem on it...


When I think about Mother's Day and celebrating the day I think about my Mom. She is such a great example of the type of woman and mother I want to be. If I can be half as good of a Mom as she's been to me I just might do alright. I talk to my Mom just about everyday. Sometimes we talk several times a day. I keep pictures of my Mom and me in Savannah's room. I hope Savannah and I will be as close as my Mom and I are...



I'm looking forward to spending the day in bed watching tv, resting and eating at one of my favorite places here in San Antonio. Being a Mom is a full time job. I hope you all spend the day doing exactly what you want. Remember that you are enough just the way you are. No one is doing it all and we have to give ourselves a little grace and time to recharge every now and then. 

Motherhood can be tough. Don't beat yourself up about the little things. Remember that the things that get on your nerves will soon be a distant memory as these little people grow up. Cherish this time because it will surely pass way too soon.

Happy Mother's Day, Mamas!

You deserve all the love and appreciation - take it!


4 comments:

  1. You look just like your mom. I hope you enjoyed your day ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get that a lot! ;-) Happy Mother's Day to you too!

      Delete
  2. WOW! That is like you and Sav. Awww. I totally missed the computer thing. I would cry but at least you had a quick recovery. That was nice. I look forward to the handmade gifts soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!