Monday, May 2, 2016

Oven Beef Brisket


Our grill is out of gas. Even if we had gas my grill master was playing in a basketball tournament this weekend so grilling anything was out of the question. I still wanted to try my hand at making brisket so I did a little studying online and found this recipe that seemed promising.

I wanted the smoky taste of the grill. My tastebuds craved that sticky smoky saucy flavor that Texas brisket is known for. The images on Pinterest convinced me to give brisket in the oven a try.

The only thing I did different was substitute the salt and garlic powder with a teaspoon and a half of garlic salt. 




I didn't get a picture of it but I also followed the steps of adding the bacon. I didn't use a whole pound like she suggested. Instead I did five strips across the top. That seemed like plenty.

I cooked the brisket on 225 for eight hours before following her instructions for the sauce and broiler. The sauce in this recipe is delicious. Do not be tempted to buy sauce instead of making it. You may regret it.




That crust from the broiler was perfect. I also want to share that I did not strain the bacon and onion out of our sauce like she recommends. I wanted to try a chunky BBQ sauce. Those little bacon bits in the sauce were like little morsels of heaven.


This hunk of love was served with mac-n-cheese and skillet fried cabbage. So southern, Texas and tasty. My husband took brisket sandwiches for lunch today. I picked up some hoagie rolls and he'll use that for his bun.

Have you ever tried making brisket in the oven? If not, give this recipe a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!