Thursday, March 7, 2013

Military Momma Baby Shower


Hi everyone. Sorry I've been slacking this week. We've been busy with gymnastics (which was a disaster), dance and play dates. I've also been busy with eBay and the neighborhood yard sale page. It's not as easy as I thought it would be to sell my daughter's super cute wardrobe. Anyway. I did have the opportunity to attend a baby shower yesterday along with forty nine other expecting ladies. It was great!


I didn't take pictures during the shower, but I wish I had. This was an event for military members and their spouses so I left my blogger hat at home, kind of.  There were guest speakers who spoke briefly about finances, breastfeeding and resources available to military families. We played some pretty fun games and we had lunch. I really enjoyed myself. Operation Homefront did an amazing job with this event. If you are a military service member or spouse in your second or third trimester in Texas please check out the Operation Homefront site to find out about events and resources in your area.

All of the Moms went home with a thirty-one bag filled with spa goodies. Here is my bag and all of it's contents.

I can not wait to try out the mani and pedi set. I am long overdue for a little pampering session. The candle in the bag smells amazing too. I was very happy with what we received.


Of course if it's a baby shower you have to be showered with items for your baby too. So all of the Moms went home with a huge tote bag filled with everything from outfits and onesies to diapers and wipes. There was even an Aveeno bath kit in the bag. I was especially happy about that. 




Before we left they pulled names for door prizes. They gave away baby gear mainly. I was one of the six winners and I received a walker. I was beyond excited!



I was so lucky to be chosen as one of the fifty expecting Moms. I had a great time and am so thankful for everything we received. It's so weird being away from family and friends during a pregnancy. This was a great way to celebrate baby number two. Thanks again to Operation Homefront for giving all of us a little piece of home.

5 comments:

  1. The shower sounds wonderful! Glad you were able to enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun!!! Congrats on the walker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful! I'm glad they did that for you ladies and you got an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great time! I really enjoyed it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!