Wednesday, March 20, 2013

iPhone Apps for Toddlers

Today I'm sharing some of Savannah's favorite apps on the iPhone. It's amazing to me that she can unlock my phone and navigate through the screens to find her folder. It's also very convenient. At first I was a little frustrated with her having my phone so much. Then I realized that as long as she was learning something and enjoying herself I was perfectly okay with not having my phone twenty four seven. She does have a Leapfrog Leap Pad but I really think she enjoys the apps on my phone more. 

I put all of her games in one folder so that they are easier for her to find. I have added and removed many apps and these seem to be her favorite. Her absolute favorite has to be "Endless ABC". It teaches spelling, definitions, letter recognition and phonetic sounds. The graphics are great and it makes learning very fun. "ABC Song" is probably her next fave. Of course it teaches the ABC song but it also covers letter recognition, memory matching, writing skills, puzzles and letter/word association. "Candy Count" is a counting game that also teaches colors, but the colors are limited to just a few. "Baby Cards" and "My First Apps" are flash card apps that contain all kinds of flash cards. They cover everything from animals, emotions, food and hundreds of objects. "Seek and Find" is a fun sound game. When you click on different parts of the scenes you reveal sounds. "Paint Sparkles" is a fun painting and coloring app. The piano app is another one she plays for fun. I had originally downloaded "Wheel of Fortune" for me, but she really likes playing it so I moved it to her folder.     She isn't solving puzzles yet but she does understand how the game is played and she likes spinning the wheel and picking letters. "Blast Monkeys" is another fun game. The goal is to aim the monkey at the bananas to advance to the different levels. She really loves this game and affectionately calls it "Monkey Jungle". All of these apps were free with the exception of Wheel of Fortune. 
What are some of your toddler's favorite apps? Please share. I'm always looking to try new games with her.

- posted from my chic iPhone

4 comments:

  1. My girls have iPods and its synced with my iPad so they use their iPods and my iPad for their apps. I love that there are kid friendly apps. It helps the with learning and keeps them occupied. They particularly like the app for learning sight words and doing early math.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to look for some math apps. That's the one category that my phone is missing!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh! So many! The Starfall education apps are good. And when my daughter was about S's age, she really loved Monkey Preschool Lunchbox.

    I could name so many more...hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to download the Starfall education apps! Thanks for the suggestion! Happy Tuesday!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!