Monday, June 23, 2014

BabyM Turns One (Photo Heavy)

On Father's Day weekend we celebrated BabyM's first birthday. We decided to make it a family affair by having a small low key party with just the four of us. I can not believe he is one already. Time truly does fly. I feel like I just had him yesterday.

I kept all of the decorations simple and easy. When Savannah turned one we were living near family and she had a huge party that hit our pockets deep. Call it second baby syndrome but I was more than happy to have this low cost family only party.


To add a special touch to his birthday I took his photos myself. This was my first time ever trying my hand at a real photo shoot. I think his pics turned out great. I was really happy with them. I now understand why you only get about 6-10 shots from a photographer, LOL! I edited the pics using picMonkey. Oh. And taking his pics made me want a DSLR even more. Maybe for Christmas?




During his one year well baby appointment the doctor was pretty pleased with how he's grown. Remember BabyM was born five weeks early?! Look at him now. So big and strong! He talks a lot and is standing up but hasn't decided to walk yet. If he's anything like his sister he'll wait until he's good and ready to walk which could be a couple months from now. (Savannah was 14 months when she decided to walk.)




Speaking of Savannah, here she is serving (and enjoying a lollipop). She has been such a great big sister this past year. She plays so well with her baby brother. Every now and then I do have to remind her to share but other than that I am so happy that she didn't put me through any of the nightmares I hear about toddlers reverting when a new baby comes home. Shout out to Sav for being such a big girl!



How do you think my pics turned out? Any photographers have tips for me?

8 comments:

  1. Love the pics!!! I think you did a great job with capturing the moments...usually the kids act better with you taking pics than they do with the professionals! We have had family parties for Emma the past two years due to the expenses of having birthday parties (they are SUPER expensive) and the fact that we just wanted to do a family affair until she could remember. Next year I told Darrick I was going to do a real party...so Ive been already thinking about the big bash I want to have for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I hear you on the party thing! I am currently planning Sav's 4th birthday and I am already trying to figure out where to draw the line, LOL!!!

      Delete
  2. You did a great job on Baby M's photos. I want a better camera too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, happy birthday to him. Love the pics. You have the cutest kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They are the sweetest!!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!