Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hello September...

I can not believe it is already September. This is a very fun month for our family. I spent the majority of Labor Day weekend laying in bed fighting sinus pressure and shopping online. I got some great deals! Very excited about getting all those shipments this week. 

All of Savannah's activities start back up this month and I could not be more excited. It is going to feel so good to have a scheduled activity every day. We'll be out and about Tuesday thru Thursday. On Mondays and Fridays we'll do more "Preschool at Home" activities, run errands, clean and do whatever else the house needs. Savannah will also be turning three in a couple weeks. This year she wanted a trip to the beach for her birthday so we'll be having a family party/getaway. I'm not even mad or sad about her not wanting a party. That's one less thing for me to plan...

We'll probably at least have cake and ice cream with her girlfriends though, but that's it.

I've been trying to gather things for our beach trip and plan my outfits. I found a cute outfit on Pinterest that seemed really easy and comfy. Since it was repinned over 200 times I decided to recreate the look. Cute, right? Can't wait to share my finished look!


I also want to try something different with my hair. I'm not sure if I want to put in some marley twists or if I should invest in a good flat iron and wear my hair straight or blown out. I would really love to do the twists but from the reviews I've read they don't really last that long. We'll see.

I'm so ready for this much needed break. My husband's birthday is at the end of the month so we'll be celebrating all month long. As I've said before Fall is my favorite season. I'm looking forward to this season and all the changes that will come with it!

7 comments:

  1. Yep! I am a fall girl all the way! Can't wait. Hope you all have fun. I know you are going to rock that look well. That is so me! Easy breezy. Except my TB shoes are so beat up but I will probably never buy a pair again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any TB shoes. From what I read people love them but they aren't that comfy. I'll probably wear sandals with my look.

      Delete
  2. Packages are so fun. I love shopping online!

    I want to try some braids in the next couple of weeks. We'll see how that works with this mane on my head.

    That outfit is super cute. Very laid back chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved my braids when I had them last year. If it wasn't for taking them out I'd get them again in a heart beat!

      Delete
  3. I think JJ is going to be like Savannah and not be about all the birthday party madness. I can't say the same thing about Moo though. She's been talking about her birthday party and Christmas since last December. Hope you all enjoy the getaway though.

    And I've seen mixed reviews about the twists too. I guess it all depends on how you take care of them and how much you switch up the styles in terms of putting the hair up and down. I would think if that if you wrapped your hair up every night and didn't fuss with them too much they should last at least a month or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to enjoy these years of not having to do it big while I can! I agree with you. If I don't bother the twists that much they should last for at least a month. We'll see. I'm leaning towards the flat iron, LOL!

      Delete
  4. Sounds likd you'll have your hands full this month! You should def try the Marly twists. I keep seeing them on Pinterest.

    Have a safe beach Vacay, and Happy Early Birthday to Savannah :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!