Saturday, June 8, 2013

The San Antonio Zoo

Yesterday we had a family date at the zoo. I had heard great things about the San Antonio Zoo and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. The zoo had ample parking and they offered a military discount.  Children two and under are free so our little morning out only costs twenty bucks. Yes!

I packed frozen bottle water and juice boxes in my bag along with some fruit. When Savannah got hungry or thirsty I reached into my bag of goodies. This kept us from being tempted by all the concession stands and restaurants. I'm always looking for ways to save money or make outings as enjoyable as possible for less money. We ended up going to lunch at Chick Fil-A after the zoo. I got the new Asian salad and it was amazing. You have to try it if you haven't already. 

Here are some pics from our visit. Overall, I was pleased with the San Antonio Zoo. Since we were there so early some of the animals were asleep but since Sav was still happy their being asleep didn't bother me. I'm always torn about the zoo. Apart of me likes taking her to see the animals but then another part of me always feels bad for the animals. Has anyone else ever noticed how sad animals look at the zoo sometimes?










aren't they twins?










Oh. And apparently when you go to the zoo as pregnant as I am you get lots of stares. People crack me up. 

5 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to get to the zoo! I feel you on being torn about the animals, they do appear to be sad at times. Sounds like y'all had a great time, and YES, they Are totally twins :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun! It wasn't to busy and we were in and out of there, LOL!!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures!! You barely look preggers haha. I have got to take my babies to the zoo, preferably soon, before it gets too hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! We missed the heat by getting there when the zoo opened. We were gone by lunch time!

      Delete
  3. Looks like the perfect day..love the idea of a family date!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!