Sunday, June 2, 2013

30 Things: 3 Legitimate Fears



Mmmm this is a tough one. Right off  the bat I'll go ahead and share that I have a legitimate fear of birds and squirrels. In high school I was swarmed by a large group of birds during a prank. It scarred me for life. I haven't liked birds since. My fear of squirrels came from an isolated incident with a family friend. She was bitten by a squirrel. I wasn't there when it happened but just hearing about it changed my whole outlook on squirrels. As luck would have it, my front yard is always filled with birds and squirrels. Not just any bird or squirrel but the crazy socialized ones. They aren't afraid of humans. Drives me nuts. I think it's God's way of telling me it's ridiculous to be afraid of these little creatures. Hopefully by the time we move (which isn't for a long time) I'll be a lot better about this silly (but legitimate) fear.

Like most Moms another fear of mine is not being around for my kids. Since I became a Mom I've tried to be a healthier version of myself. I've done pretty good with getting my blood pressure down. After the baby gets here I'll be getting back into some exercise routine. It's important to me to be able to be an active Mom. I want to attend all their events and be there for them. Taking care of myself and going to the doctor when I need to is a top priority for me. It scares me to think that I wouldn't be able to be there for them. 

I think my last fear would have to be getting into a car accident. This is a recent fear of mine. I'm not sure what sparked this fear. Maybe it's the lack of skilled drivers here in San Antonio. I swear the news reports a bad car accident every morning. Somewhere in this city, a gas station is giving out a free driver's license with every full tank of gas. That's the only explanation that I can think of for the crazy drivers. It scares me to death. I hardly ever get on the interstate here. Which is sad because I grew up driving in a city. At any rate I'm pretty sure this fear will also "fix" itself when we move. 

What are your fears? 

2 comments:

  1. The dark. That's right, I'm 26 and I'm afraid of the dark! Not even ashamed to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet a lot of people are still afraid of the dark. I don't think that's a crazy fear at all.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!