Tuesday, June 4, 2013

30 Things: 10 Things You Would Tell Yourself at 16


Before I tell my 16 year old self a few things I want to remind my 29 year old self where she came from. When I was 16 I was a junior in high school, a cheerleader and I had a part time job at Rack Room Shoes. I spent my days going to class, laughing with friends and dreaming about growing up. At 16 I baby sat my little brothers a lot and had steady dates on the weekends with my high school boyfriend. I think my time as a teenager was pretty normal. I loved my friends, Friday Night Football and Prom season. 

If I could go back and tell my 16 year old self anything it would probably be...

1. Good girlfriends will last forever. Continue to be a good judge of character.

2. Listen to your parents. Listen to your parents. Listen to your parents.

3. Popularity in high school means absolutely nothing. 

4. Don't be afraid to be your real true authentic self.

5. 19 will be a tough year for you, but with prayer and perseverance you will get through it.

6. There are people out there who will not like you for reasons that are beyond your control. Be kind to them anyway.

7. Don't be such a cry baby. 

8. Wear your glasses.

9. Appreciate how strict your parents are. Some girls aren't so lucky.

10. Don't worry so much about being in love. You'll meet your husband soon and you'll be in real love for the rest of your life.

3 comments:

  1. I need to do this! I would tell myself 16 yr old self so much! Girl, you don't even know the half. Great post idea!

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join the challenge!! It's been really fun so far!

      Delete
  2. I agree with ALL of these especially 1 and 9! My friends I had from school are still my friends today and we are tight as ever! We've all been through a lot together and they are the sisters I never had!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!