Monday, September 5, 2016

What You Need For The PERFECT Downstairs Baby Changing Station

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SuperAbsorbent #CollectiveBias



Before Moses I never really saw the value in a changing table. You know, cause that's one of those items that you can do without. Or that's what I thought until I had three kids to chase after, clean or change. I would literally have diapers stashed all over the place.

Then the messiness of that got the best of me and I decided to get a changing table for downstairs. 



Because this has been such a huge help to me I'm going to share what you need to make a downstairs changing station of your own. I love having this alternate place to change the baby for a few reasons...

1 - No more pee accidents on the carpet, couch or my bed. If the baby happens to pee during a change I no longer have to worry about cleaning up the mess that creates. No more impromptu loads of laundry, no more pee on the carpet. If he goes during a change I can just wipe down the changing pad. Easy peasy.

2 - No child should go unsupervised. Having this table has limited my trips up and down the stairs during the day. If we're all playing in the living room and someone needs to be changed I don't have to make a trip to the nursery to get things I need.

3 - Getting in/out of the house has been made so much easier. I can change him right before we leave the house before errands and if he's messy when we get home I don't have to trek the mess all the way through the house and upstairs. 



Here's how you make a station of your own. First pick an alternate spot for your table. Pick a space that is used frequently. I chose the living room because we spend the majority of our day playing there. You may have a designated playroom, basement or some other space that works best for you.

Next you'll need to pick a table. Make sure your table has some sort of shelving or storage space.



Stock your table with the obvious must-haves like diapers and wipes. I like Huggies Little Movers Plus. They come in sizes 3 to 6 and they have double grip strips to help with fit which is perfect for babies like Moses that stay on the go. Huggies Little Movers Plus (and Huggies Little Snugglers Plus size Newborn to 2) are only available at Costco so grab them during one of your trips. I like buying my diapers at the beginning of the month. These diapers are a smart choice because they are super absorbent and you get tons of them in a box for the price. 



If you're a deal watcher like me know this:


  • Little Snugglers Plus (Sizes 1 & 2) – $37.49, $31.49 after $6 discount and Free shipping (this offer valid 9/1 to 9/25)
  • Little Movers Plus (Size 3, 4, 5, & 6) – $42.99, $36.99 after $6 discount and Free shipping (this offer valid 9/1 –to 9/25)
  • In August Little Snugglers Plus became available in size Newborn starting - $29.99 available in select warehouses and online at Costco.com



Now that you've got the basics taken care of add a few blankets to your table. If your baby spits up or if you like having a blanket on the floor for your child to play on having extras on hand will keep you from running to the nursery if something gets messy. 




The same goes for a change of clothes. I haven't met a baby that didn't require an outfit change at some point during the day. Save your legs and keep these in your changing station.

I also like to keep a couple baby friendly toys on the table. This way if the kids are arguing over a toy I have a couple back ups to bribe someone into "sharing".



That's it! I also like to keep sanitizing wipes close by. Now that Moses is crawling and digging I no longer keep them on his table. They are close by in the kitchen if I need to wipe his changing table down. You might have a bathroom or laundry room that would work for you.

Here is a checklist of everything you need to grab during your next trip to Costco to make your changing station. Feel free to print!




Do you have an alternate changing station in your house? 

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!