Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Fall Family Fun at the Washington State Fair

The Washington State Fair

One of the reasons why I love Fall so much is fair season. Nothing makes me happier than good weather, the smell of good food and riding rides at the fair. It doesn't get much better than that.

Now that Savannah is old enough to like rides I knew that we had to take her to the fair before school started. After standing in line to get ride tickets our very first stop was the ferris wheel. She wanted to ride it twice and we did!

There were so many rides to choose from. I think I counted at least three rollercoasters...

The Washington State Fair

There was so much to do and see. The exhibition hall was packed with things to buy. Some of the other attractions were farm animals, dinosaurs, super heroes, show horses and musical guests. J.Cole actually opened up the fair. Charlie Wilson and Joe perform later this month.

Savannah wanted some cotton candy while we were searching for the perfect lunch spot. I ordered her a cone because I figured that was a wiser choice than the jumbo bag...

The Washington State Fair

After a quick stroll it was clear that this BBQ Pit was a fair favorite. The lines were long but it smelled like it was worth it. I for one thought the open grill was a very smart marketing tactic. When I saw those slabs of ribs I considered standing in line and letting the ribs fall where they may...

The Washington State Fair

The Washington State Fair

We ended up trying the very hyped up Earthquake burger. It wasn't worth the hype or a photo... Do you see those ribs though?!

All in all I think everyone had a great time. We are planning another trip to check some things off our list. The parking wasn't too bad and the admission is reasonable. If you're local I highly recommend a visit. If you're not local find out when fair season kicks off for you.

Fairs are a great way to spend time together as a family. It's one of our traditions and I hope you consider making it one of your's as well.

The Washington State Fair

The Washington State Fair

See how happy they look?! The Washington State Fair ends on the 25th. Mikey was asleep before we made it to the car. Worth. Every. Penny.

The Washington State Fair

Are you planning a trip to the fair this year?

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a really nice state fair. Our state fair is kinda of small and only lasts about 10 days. But it's still fun and we will be going on Dollar Day when all rides are only a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was much nicer than I expected it to be. We went on the military free day and they were offering $2 rides. I really want to go again before it's over.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!