Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Savannah Goes To Kindergarten


Welp, the day I have been literally dreading all Summer is here. Savannah's first day of all day school is today. We got up, got dressed, snapped pics and headed to school.

She was very excited and happy and I did my best to not be a debbie downer. I am very excited for her but I will miss our time during the day.


Not even the rain could keep her from being ready to get out of here today. As I think of her being gone all day I can't help but wonder if I took advantage of all the time we've had together until now. All of the endless days of free time and fun will now be shoved into evenings, weekends and school breaks.

And that sucks.

But I can't help but be so proud of her. She is fearless, open, kind and takes on new challenges with ease. Savannah has always been a delight to be around. She's never really given me a hard time. 


She's so smart and ready for all day school. I can't wait to pick her up (and rush her to ballet) so that I can hear all about her day. She's never had a shortage of words so I do expect a full recap when she gets in the car this afternoon.

Her going to school has put a lot into perspective for me. I don't want to beat myself about all of the times that I had to clean or get work done but today I do wish that I had maybe cleaned less and played more. 



I feel like this happened all too fast. She's absolutely fine at school. I'm sure she's having a blast. It's just a little tough letting go. My sweet girl is growing up.

If this is how I feel about her going to kindergarten I may just need to send my husband to college drop-off alone. I can't even imagine...

2 comments:

  1. I am a stay at home mom of three and my oldest is off to kindergarten too this fall. I have been dreading his school days because I will miss our day time adventures, only evenings weekends and holidays like you said. I had anxiety all year thinking about him leaving my side. I even cried a few times. I felt bad that his summer was not chalked full of events because I was in the last trimester of my pregnancy but I tried to make our last days awesome.

    I pray Savanah has a wonderful school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand how you feel. We only have them for such a short time before they start to spread their wings.

      Wishing you a smooth pregnancy and delivery.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!