Sunday, August 2, 2015

Organizing Mamas: Kids Play and Homework Space Challenge

I think everyone has that place in their house that ends up collecting all the stuff that doesn't have a true home. Since I have been on a mission to declutter and reorganize our home to prepare for the new baby I thought it would be a great idea to start focusing my attention on our kitchen next.

One of my favorite bloggers recently did a kitchen pantry makeover that inspired me to start pulling my kitchen together. If you don't follow Mimi over at Lipgloss and Binky you should be. We will be decluttering and reorganizing our homes in an effort to make a big impact on the everyday lives of our families.



So far my little projects have done wonders for me. Next up on my list is the desk in our kitchen. It's where I'd like for Savannah to do her homework after school and during our home learning time.


This desk is a mess and it drives me crazy. No matter how clean my kitchen is it never looks all the way done because of this desk. Stay tuned for the makeover...

There is also an area in their play space that drives me crazy. I have been able to find a solution for their toys but I'm still working on how to make their little library function better. I honestly feel like the library needs a new location because I may need to use that space for the new baby's crib. Savannah has agreed that if the baby is a girl she is more than welcome to share her room.

If it's a boy I guess that means I'll be losing a guest room...

Here is the space that needs the work...



That bookshelf is about two to five books away from collapsing. The bin next to it is full of books that need a place on a shelf. I'd love to find a good wooden bookshelf at a thrift store. I'll be hitting up several to see what I can find.

Anyone else have a play space or homework space that needs a small makeover? 

If so, share it with us on IG, FB or Twitter using the hashtag #OrganizingMamasChallenge. In two weeks we'll be sharing the results of our makeovers and we can't wait to see your's!

Now head over to Mimi's blog to see the space that she's working on. The play space and homework room in her house is super cute!

4 comments:

  1. Tia! I am so glad that you and Mimi are doing these posts on organization. I look forward to reading.
    Enjoy the rest of your Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The posts that she does on her home have been so inspiring! Enjoy your Summer as well!

      Delete
  2. Our homeschool space needs a makeover, It is a mess. I really want to get it organized before we start back to homeschooling in a few weeks.
    I can't wait to see what you and Mimi do with your spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of the first areas I did during my decluttering attack, LOL! That homeschool/arts & crafts closet was a MESS! I can actually find stuff now.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!