Monday, April 21, 2014

Giving Back to Veterans: Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund


Hi there it's me. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. When I said that I was going to live more in my 30s I meant it. It's hard to live and blog at the same time I'm finding. One of the things that I've been doing more of is getting involved in my community.

As you might remember I am an Army Wife. One of the ways I have been trying to give back to my community is getting involved with more of what goes on here on base. Giving back to our veterans and active service members is something that I've always wanted to do. I'm glad to finally be at a place where I'm able to serve the community that serves us all.

Over the summer I'll be working with the youth on base in a couple different ways. I'm excited about what's to come. You always learn something when you reach out to others and I'm ready for my lesson.

I'm finding that there are so many ways to give back to our veterans. One way to give back is by drinking wine. Yep. That's right. You can have your wine and drink it too and give back in the process.

CK Mondavi is the only American made/grown wine in the “supermarket wine under $10” category. A percentage of each bottle sold between May-August is donated to Intrepid Fallen Heroes (up to $50,000).


Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund (IFHF), an organization that supports the men and women of the Armed Forces and their families. Funded entirely by public donations, IFHF serves U.S. military personnel wounded or killed in service to our nation and their families. 

I have been enjoying the CK Mondavi Chardonnay. I mix it with a lemon lime soda and it's such a refreshing drink. It's pretty tasty on it's own too.


“Please comment below to share your own story about supporting veterans and/or American-made products. I will select ONE reader to be entered into CK Mondavi’s grand prize drawing by May 15. The grand prize is a $500 donation to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund in the winner’s name!”

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you had me a wine. But knowing that this could benefit soldiers and their families makes it even sweeter! Sold :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!