Monday, June 6, 2016

Family Day Out in Seattle


The last time we spoke I think my family was still living the hotel life. I am happy to share that we finally have a place to call home. We had originally planned to live off base in a suburb nearby but once we got here and saw the lay of the land we decided to continue living on base.

I am a fan of living on base. Maybe I'll share my reasons why in another post.

So, we're in our house but the movers haven't delivered our household goods yet. They may not be able to deliver them until after the 14th. Between now and then I see lots of hanging out in our future.


On Saturday we headed north to Seattle to spend time with my brother and his family. The whole vibe of city is infectious. I absolutely love it and I understand why my brother does too.

There was live music all over the place. If you follow me on Snapchat (@TheChicSAHM) I shared as much of it as I could. Infectious. We walked around the city and took in all the sites. We stopped at an ice cream parlor to get a cool snack before heading down to the water for lunch. 

Ice cream before lunch, I know, I know...




My husband and I grabbed some Seattle friendly caps from a souvenir shop...


We made it to the waterfront for lunch and it was glorious. The sound of the water, the smell of seafood and the views of the mountains made for a perfect lunch.




I had a shrimp po' boy sandwich that was delicious. Savannah and Mikey had a cheese pizza. My husband had some type of fish sandwich that looked better than mine. I hate it when that happens.

After lunch we snapped some pics on the pier before venturing over to the Space Needle.






I have to say I expected the Space Needle to be bigger. I don't know how much bigger I wanted it to be but I guess I was expecting to be overwhelmed by the size of it and I wasn't. We're going to ride up to the top of it on another visit. 



We wandered over to a fountain (that I can't remember the name of) and that is where we ended our day. 



Mikey had no interest in the fountain. He was happy playing with a truck his cousin gave him.


Savannah didn't want to pass up the opportunity to play in the water so she went down there "in her school clothes" and had a blast.



The day was so perfect. The weather and the scenery, perfect. We returned the minivan to the rental company yesterday. Our cars should be getting delivered to us today. I forgot to take pics for a minivan post but let's just say I now completely understand why people love their minivans.

I'll be sharing more about our move as things progress. Hopefully we can get our things delivered sooner rather than later. 

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's so pretty! I'm actually looking forward to the rain season too!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know your brother was there. Nothing like family. You already seem so happy there. Can't wait to hear more about Seattle. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like having family close by. I have really missed that. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Seattle looks like so much fun! I love all the photos, I've always wanted to visit Seattle. This move is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww it looks so beautiful out there, Tia! Thank you for sharing these lovely pics with us. It looks like you guys had an awesome time!

    Gosh and why do our husband's meals always look more delicious than ours once the waiters bring them out? Happens every time with us, especially at a new place.

    Looking forward to hearing more about Seattle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!