Saturday, October 11, 2014

Every Moment Counts...

I don't think I really had a clear understanding of just how busy mommy life can be. Between school, soccer, gymnastics and play dates we are constantly on the go. And that's just Savannah's schedule.

My husband works a lot and he's a full time grad student so his schedule keeps us pretty busy as well. When your family is busy it's easy to settle into a routine and go through the motions of the day.

This is why I make a big effort to make every moment count with my family. I find ways to make them all feel special. Sometimes it's difficult to remember to create moments when you're so busy living but I think it's what makes a family have a tight bond.

Here are a couple ways I try to make every moment count with my family:

Everyone gets a special birthday breakfast with a candle…

birthday pancakes

I celebrate my husband for all of his hard work…
Popcorn is nice but isn't this a better way to enjoy a movie?

chocolate covered strawberries and truffles

And I take my littlest favorite person a daily walk...


Family time is so important to me. I think that anytime you can spend time with you family it is time well spent. We also attend soccer practice once a week as a family, eat nightly family dinners and we have bedtime story readings every night. Right now we're reading the Junie B. series. 

Are you busy like us and looking for ways to get family time in? Try these suggestions…

*Attend practices and rehearsals together as a family. Your children will love the support.
*Read together at night before bed. Start a series with your kids that you all can enjoy.
*Have dinner as a family as much as you can. Turn the TV off and talk to each other.
*Go for walks together. Do a scavenger hunt or play "eye spy".
*If you can, take a vacation or go away for a weekend to connect.


As you know I am an Army Wife so it brings me much pleasure to tell you all about how Mrs. Fields is partnering with the USO to help all families make the most of every moment together. 

"Mrs. Fields is a proud supporter of the United Service Organizations, Inc. (USO), and "Mrs. Fields Moments" builds on the Organization's "Every Moment Counts" campaign, which helps all families – military and otherwise – make the most of every moment together. To help spread the news, MrsFields has launched a contest that will send one lucky family to National Harbor in our nation’s capital."

Here's how you can enter…

1. Take a family selfie of your Mrs. Fields Moment
2. Share the photo on the Mrs. Fields Facebook page, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #mrsfieldsmoments
3. Share as many moments as you'd like between Sept. 10 and Nov. 2, 2014

The winning Family will receive…

Grand Prize
Round-trip airfare for four to Washington, D.C.
Two night accommodations in downtown National Harbor
Dining gift certificates to downtown National Harbor
Four tickets to ride the Capital Wheel

Remember to share as many Mrs. Fields Moments as you can until the contest entry period is up! I would love to see one of the families that read this blog win! Washington, D.C. was our very first duty station and it holds a very special place in my heart. Good luck to you all and make sure you designate time each week for  quality family time!

How are you spending time with your family weekly? Tell me in the comments...

I am participating in this campaign as a member of The Niche Parent Network & Conference in partnership with Mrs. Fields. All opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. My family is just as busy. Sometimes I just feel like I can't wait until the day is over so I can sit down. I too have tried to make every moment count, even if it's turning the radio off in the car and talking to the children about the things they want to talk about. Last week it was why we can't have a zebra at our house but I carried on a full fledged conversation. Those are the times that they will remember and you are so right, every moment counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Something as simple as talking during a car ride is one of the best ways to make every moment count.

      Delete
  2. My family keeps me on the go, but we try to enjoy every moment. We love movie night in my home and dance parties. My kids also love the outdoors and we play basketball as a family. Thanks for sharing because you gave me an idea to do something for my husband to make him feel special because he's been stressing a lot with work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love outdoor time with the family too! I'm glad you enjoyed the husband moment. That always makes movie night feel a little bit more special.

      Delete
  3. Glad you guys are getting in some family time. Things are definitely picking up for us. The Mr is still working pretty much 7 days a week, but the days that he is off we do enjoy spending them as a unit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!