Thursday, July 3, 2014

Running With Babies: Who Run The World?

Hey Ladies.

I just had to come here and share an achievement of mine. I would have never considered myself a runner before. When I was trying to pull it together for our trip to Vegas I started stepping up my cardio. That was big for me because I've never been a cardio girl. I'd take a walk with you all day but running was not something I was interested in unless I was being chased or I was chasing a baby.

The more I ran the more I liked it. Even though I couldn't run for very long at the time I still enjoyed the  way it made me feel. Then a friend of mine started the whole Operation Snapback movement and our first challenge was to run 26.2 miles this month.


I decided that I wasn't going to let anything get in the way of me conquering this challenge. By the end of this month I could be a runner. Today was the longest run I've ever done. I was into it too. Once Savannah started asking to leave the gym I knew I had to wrap it up, but I think I had at least one more mile in me.

I felt so strong afterwards.


One of my Flirty30 resolutions was to be in the best shape of my life. I think I'm well on my way. You couldn't tell me nothing when I left the gym today! I am sharing this story to remind you that no matter what your goal is you can do it. Don't let kids, husbands, work and all that other stuff keep you from achieving your goals. Do it and celebrate the small milestones along the way.

Four miles today could turn into a marathon tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that I joined the running challenge too! I've only ran on the elliptical (we have one at home so I can use it when my kids are sleep) for the challenge but I'm thinking about trying an outdoor run soon. I never imagined I would like running but I've enjoyed pushing myself. I'm pretty slow now but hopefully by the end of the month I will be able to run a 15 minute mile (I'm at about 20 minutes now). You are doing awesome, 4 miles in one day is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonya!!! You're so lucky to have a treadmill at home!! I wish I could run while the kids were napping or busy playing! Outdoor running is tougher than I thought it would be but I'm slowly getting use to it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!