Thursday, October 15, 2015

Chic Bump Watch: NSTs & BPPs

I have reached that point in my pregnancy where I'll be going to see the doctor quite a bit. This week I started my non stress tests. I go  twice a week to make sure the baby is doing okay and that my blood pressure isn't spiking too high.

A non stress test doesn't last too long but if your baby is sleepy during the test (and doesn't "pass") you'll be given what's called a BPP (bio physical profile). A BPP is an ultrasound that checks for baby's breathing and movement. During all of my pregnancies my babies slept right through their NST but would pass the BPP with flying colors.


I wasn't suppose to start my testing for another couple weeks but my doctors thought that it would be best to have me go ahead start them now. I learned during Little Mike's pregnancy that a little extra monitoring never hurts and it can be the best thing for you. During his pregnancy we learned that I needed to deliver after a BPP. My fluid had leaked and if it wasn't for my NST/BPP appointments we may not have found out about that until it was too late.

So that's where I'm at right now. I go to testing twice a week and I still have my regular doctor visits every two weeks too. I try to have all of my appointments line up on the same days and around the same times but that doesn't always happen. 

As we cruise into the end of the month and into November I can't help but think about how close we are to meeting our #grandfinalebaby! 

Anyone else do NSTs while pregnant?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so anxious to find out the gender of your #grandfinalebaby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to share it after delivery! The gender and the name all at once. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Praying that the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing. I had maybe three NSTs max during each of my pregnancies because my blood pressure would flare up randomly with first pregnancy and I was in a serious car accident during my second and they just wanted to make sure that things were still going okay after I was discharged from the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers! I have been trying to rest as much as possible to avoid getting admitted again. My numbers seem to randomly fluctuate. Thankfully, the baby has been growing right on track with despite everything that's going on. God is so good!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me!